Any interest in a Newbie Mini-Jam?

I already said i will be comeing and i want to thank the experienced guy for doing this for us New Guys. I just wanted to add, i will be bringing 1-2 other new guys with me. The would like to see what Fly Fishing is all about and learn what is needed.

gfen wrote:
littlelehigh wrote:
Also find JayL for his walt's worm and other simple ties. Not the ones he ties when feeling saucy.

"Half a chicken, some rabbits and two size 2/0 hooks oughta do it."

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

jaws-2.jpg

Looks like I might have to back out...

when is this mini jam gonna happen i might like to show up tie and fish.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Thnx Pcray but where will it be located by the shop? from what time to what time?

See the events page. Yes, by the former fly shop, address is even given.

The "official program" starts at 9, I believe.

Heritage, still looking forward to the newbie jam Saturday, looks like a lot of rain tonight into tomorrow but sunny skies and 42 on Saturday. At this point everything still on?

BTflyman wrote:
Heritage, still looking forward to the newbie jam Saturday, looks like a lot of rain tonight into tomorrow but sunny skies and 42 on Saturday. At this point everything still on?

Barring a rogue tsunami, yes we're still on. :-D

We fish in a lot worse stuff than what they're calling for. Might actually be a pretty nice day - the temps keep creeping up...

OldLefty wrote:
wsender, wassup?

I need to make a last minute trip to Rochester. I don't want to, but unfortunately I have to.

Well it's mid day and just checked the weather map,looks like rain about to end.We did n't get the heavy all day rain so the LL should be actually prime for fishing.If the water is slightly dirty the small wooly bugger should work well,along with the normal dark nympths and bright glo bugs.
I plan to get there for some "indi"education then browse around and help any newbies that need it.
See you all there!

Jack

posted this in the other thread too in the events section but I just found out I will be riding solo from the Horsham/Willow Grove area, so anyone who wants a ride or something hit me up on PM and we can work something out

Never met anyone from this board before, looking forward to it

Don't let appearances fool you - we're harmless. :lol:

Even this dubious looking individual....

Attachments

• Jerry.jpg
    Jerry.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 6
Well, see ya all tomorrow. I'll be there between 8:30 and 9:00 with dluton in tow. I have a buddy and his son from Reading who said they may also show, they're 50/50.

I'm leavin the tying stuff at home. I suck at tying anyway, and don't really feel like digging it out in the cold.

I'll have my stuff along for anyone wanting a demo.

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Don't let appearances fool you - we're harmless. :lol:

Even this dubious looking individual....

Dubious? You mean debonair... that's one handsome fellow.

I avoided being of any actual assistance, and just took pictures.

Flickr page has the captiosn of who they are.

Gfen,
Great job man, i worked a double mandatory forced overtime i wanted to attend but got stuck at work.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

gfen - You helped more than you're taking credit for. Thanks for pitching in and helping make this event a success. Come to think of it, you've helped out at just about every gathering we've had here in the Valley.

Sorry to ruin your rep, but you're one useful son-of-a-gun. ;-)

Back