9/23 - Early Sunday AM Valley

Lunch? 5 Guys? Noonish? Doc can give a testimonial....

I would like to meet you guys there. Let me know where you plan to meet and hopefully I'll be there.

Volksnurse wrote:
Lunch? 5 Guys? Noonish? Doc can give a testimonial....

Thought we decided on Cheerleaders? ;-)

With all these folks going I would prefer not to fish. Ive been fishing vc for a long time. I would be glad to take a small crew and help them get into some fish. Whens the meet up time and whats the location?

I can take a small crew as well. After a morning B.S. session we can jump in the cars and spread out.

It's not a huge stream, but it is a long one.

I can also play "guide". Don't have to fish. Would love to see Stagger and other first timers, if any, get at least one.....over 4".

If we get the predicted rain, the options will increase. The flow right now, 21 CFS, is actually pretty decent.

Water in vc is up right now and a bit off color. Chases on streamers have not come easy and the fish are still spooky as hell right now. A little more rain and a little more color in the water and we can expect great fishing. Im looking forward to it.

EP
I can also play "guide". Don't have to fish. Would love to see Stagger and other first timers, if any, get at least one.....over 4".

No ur really scaring me ... you sound like my wife :lol:

Well, she's pretty much trapped with it now, isn't she!!!!! Shouldn't have taken those magnifiers off of her head!!!!!

Looks like lotsa manpower. Valley Forge TU has several workdays scheduled. One is today, but there are two days scheduled for next week.

Why not help out, and give something back to Valley by putting in a few hours of your time? It took a lot of hard work by VFTU to help make the stream what it is today, and will take more hard work to preserve it and enhance it.

Here is the upcoming workday schedule from the VFTU Newsletter:

Friday, September 28, 2012 Planting Grass plugs from 1:30-4:00 PM. This is the completion of the Conestoga Bio-Retention Swale Growing Greener Grant.

Approximately 6 VFTU volunteers are needed for the culmination of this long lasting project. These volunteers will act as captains or supervisors of a group of students who will be doing the actual planting. Training will be provided from 1:30 to approximately 2:10 and the students will arrive at 2:15. The volunteers need to bring no tools or equipment as our role is supervisory.
To volunteer please contact Pete Goodman at peteg@bee.net or 610-827-7619.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 Tree Planting from 8:30-12 Noon. This is a Tredyffrin Environmental Advisory Council project.
Tredyffrin Township will hold its first community tree planting event, entitled "Tree-dyffrin."

Meet at Wilson Farm Park in the area behind the Chesterbrook Shopping Center in Tredyffrin Township.

Approximately 20 adult volunteers are needed to get the job done, and kids of all ages accompanied by adults are welcome to pitch in. Volunteers are asked to bring gloves and a shovel and other garden tools of your choice, all marked with your name. Come out and participate in this fun community project with your family, friends, and neighbors!

To sign up to volunteer or for more information please email Chuck Cutshall at chuck_cutshall@ml.com - don't forget the underscore between Chuck and Cutshall.

I'll do the Friday afternoon thing and talk with the other PAFF guys tomorrow about helping out.

englishprof wrote:
I'll do the Friday afternoon thing and talk with the other PAFF guys tomorrow about helping out.

You're a good man, Prof (no matter what Fade always says about you).

:pint:

Thanks for the heads-up on the VC work projects Afish.
How bout some before/after pics of these plantings or other projects on VC(?).

(Hopefully the deer won't eat the plantings.) :)

afishinado wrote:
Looks like lotsa manpower. Valley Forge TU has several workdays scheduled. One is today, but there are two days scheduled for next week.

Why not help out, and give something back to Valley by putting in a few hours of your time? It took a lot of hard work by VFTU to help make the stream what it is today, and will take more hard work to preserve it and enhance it.

Here is the upcoming workday schedule from the VFTU Newsletter:

Friday, September 28, 2012 Planting Grass plugs from 1:30-4:00 PM. This is the completion of the Conestoga Bio-Retention Swale Growing Greener Grant.

Pretty sure my Friday afternoon will allow for some hours helping out as well. Can confirm closer to Friday.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Ill pick up coffee from dunkin for everyone.

No handout for EP only :lol: :lol:

I'll grab some Coffee's and some donuts.. Seeing that's it's a Mini Jam and All... :-D :-D :-D :pint:

Everyone cool with the meetup spot? If not let me or EP know

By the way, I stopped over VC yesterday, got on the water around 12:00. Water temp was 58.5 and clear as can be.

Someone local throw up the address of a Dunkin close buy.

Dont wanna show up with cold coffee for you mopes!

I don't think there is one close, I have grabbed it before getting on TP on 611 and it's still hot when I get there...

At least Fox and EP didn't complain.. not that I would listen. :)

Back