9/23 - Early Sunday AM Valley

pete41 wrote:
forty years on valley?
That is valuable input there.

Pete since I have fishing with Prof for the majority of those years I can tell you they were not at Valley. This is the first year Prof has fished Valley with any regularity and I blame it all on a Fox and and a juiced up greenie weanie.

sroach wrote:
englishprof wrote:
Fox,

He's thinking more like White Clay. He's enamoured with that fleabitten stream!!!!!

Will he fish it up stream or down? :-D :-D

messed my back up overdoing it at the gym on the rowing machine rowing upstream...still flat on my back today typing this on my Ipad

White Clay-probably within view of my sister's house-

fadeaway263 wrote:
This is the first year Prof has fished Valley with any regularity and I blame it all on a Fox and and a juiced up greenie weanie.

Hey I'm not taking the fall for this!

And it's not a green weenie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surveyor06 wrote:
This is really turning into a mini jam, I hope we are not stepping on each others toes. Fishing is going to be tough if its crawling with ppl.

So y'all decided to do your own Stocktoberfest?

fadeaway263 wrote:
[So y'all decided to do your own Stocktoberfest?

Fade, your a lawyer, sue if they try to infringe on your trademark name!!!!!!!!!

messed my back up overdoing it at the gym on the rowing machine rowing upstream...still flat on my back today typing this on my Ipad

Hey Fadeaway,

Hope you start to feel better. Missed you out there this weekend!

sroach wrote:

Hey Fadeaway,

Now we know why he prefers downstream!

sroach wrote:

Hey Fadeaway,

HAHA Good One!

I enjoyed meeting all of you and hope to fish again with you in the near future.

Foxgap239 wrote:
fadeaway263 wrote:
This is the first year Prof has fished Valley with any regularity and I blame it all on a Fox and and a juiced up greenie weanie.

Hey I'm not taking the fall for this!

And it's not a green weenie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the same green weenie you had me fishing at another creek?

The whole damn thing was just fun. Are there any #%&holes on this site? I sure haven't met any. Just a great group of guys on Sunday. Spent the day with Steve (Sroach) and John (Docsab). Fished with Steve now a few times and first time with John (hope not the last). Two really good people.

Steve already described John's encounter with the big guy under the tree and surrounding branches. First time I've ever seen anything like that.....a trout darting after a nymph and turning away. Of course, I'm not usually standing on a bank about six feet above the stream. I'm also still trying to figure out how the hell John made that cast. Newbie????? I don't think so.

And Stagger was enjoyable, New Yawk accent notwithstanding. I'm staying away from his political threads so I don't change my mind. LOL. I'm actually hoping I'm the one who helps him get his first Valley trout.

I hope we do this again soon. The stream didn't suffer at all. We spread out nicely.

And Pat, I'm not fond of that section you guys fished for the reasons you stated. We had plenty of "moving" water where we were.

Co-sign what EP .. we need some a$$holes.lol I'm gonna start posting in New Yawk text when I'm tallin wit Uz just to bust EP's chops.

Side-note .. Everyone needs a lil stroke of the ego once in awhile. I was all excited that some young chick may have been admiring my ugly arse when I got into my car this afternoon and noticed a note under my windshield wiper. Unfortunately it was just a note from Jeff telling me he got one ystrday. :-D

Sounded like a great day! As a fellow new guy to FF'n - I realize that every second I spend fishing with someone with experience is worth 30 days fishing on my own. YouTube videos help (ha) but to have someone show you a proper mend or a true dead drift is worth more than anything. I have run into guys with 5 minutes left in my day and learned tons. Thanks to the experienced guys who teach!!! This web-site is fantastic and extremely helpful. I hope to meet some you guys soon. I had some time early Friday am and caught one on a zebra midge size 24. - Great topic..

LOL too funny. You just saw that note today!

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Co-sign what EP .. we need some a$$holes.lol I'm gonna start posting in New Yawk text when I'm tallin wit Uz just to bust EP's chops.

Side-note .. Everyone needs a lil stroke of the ego once in awhile. I was all excited that some young chick may have been admiring my ugly arse when I got into my car this afternoon and noticed a note under my windshield wiper. Unfortunately it was just a note from Jeff telling me he got one ystrday. :-D

wvuandy1 wrote:
Sounded like a great day! As a fellow new guy to FF'n - I realize that every second I spend fishing with someone with experience is worth 30 days fishing on my own. YouTube videos help (ha) but to have someone show you a proper mend or a true dead drift is worth more than anything. I have run into guys with 5 minutes left in my day and learned tons. Thanks to the experienced guys who teach!!! This web-site is fantastic and extremely helpful. I hope to meet some you guys soon. I had some time early Friday am and caught one on a zebra midge size 24. - Great topic..

WVuandy1,

Can't agree more, I think I have read a ton of books, and watch a ton of video. But to stand next to someone and just watch how they approach a hole or run, somehow it just all clicks, and the light bulb goes off.

I expect to see every one of you at Stocktoberfest!!!

Back