3rd Annual PAFF Erie Steelhead JAM - November 11-13 !!!

I just was checking the WCO report for Erie,

"...This past weekend brought a number of fronts through the area with ominous skies and rough lake conditions. Boaters were few and far between. On the plus side, night time temperatures have been dropping which should help the steelhead migration along. A few steelhead have been caught at daybreak along the wall at the Walnut Creek Access Area but the definitive word is few. A small pod of fish has been observed off and on in the Walnut Creek Channel and there are actually a few fish that have made it upstream to the project waters. Be advised, this is not the starting gun of the season, but it is an indication that conditions are starting to change and a few fish are starting the day break exploratory runs. The tribs are exceptionally low and clear..."

"The tribs are exceptionally low and clear..."

i know this is a stupid question,but is folly's where we stayed last year?i liked that place.

The place with the pavilion and fly shop is Folly's End CG.

Any spey casters planning on showing up ? I'd like to learn more about it.

I know there are a couple of gents here that do it.

Im working on it Bruno. Right now Im off that Mon and Tue. I usually carry a single hander, a switch, and a short 2 hander and let the water tell me what to do.

You know, you don't live far from me, if you ever want to try a spey rod, let me know. Im definitely no expert. Only been swinging a year. Below the Highland Park dam is a decent spot to practice.

Just sayin'

shakey wrote:
i know this is a stupid question,but is folly's where we stayed last year?i liked that place.

That's the place, shakey. With luck, we'll run into that guy with the bread on Friday.

Here's my list of attendees so far

ryguyfi
trowpa
Tim Robinsin
jay348
Heritage Angler
bowhunter0131
RickinPa
Larissa
albatross
csoult
tracker12
turkey - maybe
shakey
Bruno

Any others I've missed so far?

Just throwing this out there....

Jay348 and I are both coming from eastern pa. We are going to try to drive up together, but both have tiny tiny cars - will be a tight squeeze for a 6 hour haul.

Willing to share gas, driving, and expenses if anyone is heading out with a larger vehicle from the eastern pa area that can fit a couple more. 3 people would mean 2 hours driving each - easy trip :)

Either way - i expect to be there.

As for lodging, is it either http://www.thegreenroofinn.com/ or the sunset? Are they close to each other?

Thanks.

If any of you guys don't want to deal with the circus there is another option

Salt Jam

Likely, Jack M.

Fred, for those that don't want to fish in an ocean, may I post a cross-reference to this thread in the Salt one?

I am only coming if the doughnuts are coming. I still have not had one of the damn things and they were on some damn rick seback show the other night. I almost drove out there after watching that.

Bruno wrote:
I am only coming if the doughnuts are coming. I still have not had one of the damn things and they were on some damn rick seback show the other night. I almost drove out there after watching that.

I agree completely. Those donuts kick butt! Even two day old ones taste like they were made that morning.

Sure wish they'd ship the damn things.

Something else ya gotta try while you're up there is the pies at the Girard Dinor (yes, I spelled that correctly). Awesome.

agree on the dinor - i have been known to walk out with a whole pie for the ride home.

The donuts will be there. Maybe I'll mix it up and bring some of their regular donuts and the cinnamon rolls too.

I thought everyone was my friend... apparently you all just love me for my donuts!

What doughnuts are we talking about?

http://www.orams.com/menu.htm

There is only 1 of them, they're fantastic, and they do not ship.

They open at 5am, close at 2pm, but typically sell out before then. Yes they're THAT good.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Bruno wrote:

I agree completely. Those donuts kick butt! Even two day old ones taste like they were made that morning.

Sure wish they'd ship the damn things.

Something else ya gotta try while you're up there is the pies at the Girard Dinor (yes, I spelled that correctly). Awesome.

Was it you or Mello that had two pieces after the large lunch? I know I wanted to, but could not bring myself to do it.

This year we eat there twice.

looks like I missed those doughnuts :
:pint: - the coffee

Attachments

• steel_go_for_doughnuts.jpg
    steel_go_for_doughnuts.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 5
Back