2018 PAFF Jam - 18-20 May

Hey Maurice, Im in for a new hat!!

Should be a challenging weekend....

PennypackFlyer wrote:

yeah, that forecast doesn't look very promising. I remember one year when even the brookie streams were blown out! might be like that again, all depends on the path of the storms i guess. Hopefully that area dodges some of them. I'll be there sometime on thursday.

Just a friendly reminder to clean your gear before you head out to the Jam. Invasive species are a concern that we all should be trying to control the spread of.

JAM ROLE CALL:
(All Jammers add your name to the list)

1. Swattie87 - Thursday PM to Sunday AM
2. Fredrick, -Monday-Sunday
3. Mooney4 -Monday-Sunday
4. Squatch- Thursday AM to Friday PM (or super AM Saturday?)
5. Gulfgrayhair- Mon - Sun
6. MiniMoose (he lost weight)- Mon - Sun
7. FarmerDave Wed - Sun (subject to slight change)
8. Pro4mance- Wed - Sun?
9. DanL - Wed PM-Mon AM
10. RickinPa Thurs pm to Sunday.
11-14. JackM, brother Jim, Gino, and Joe. Thursday-Monday
15. Maurice - Thursday PM thru Sunday PM.
16. Aducker - Thursday thru Sunday.
17. Afishinado - Friday thru Sunday
18. linwood - Wednesday PM thru Sunday
19. Moosehead-Belle + 2 - Thursday thru Sunday (+ Monday?)
20. Gweisinger - first Jam - Thursday thru Sun!
21. Dkile - Friday - Sunday

Add me to the list....
gweisinger - first Jam - Thursday thru Sun!

Added above...glad to have ya!

Report to JackM. He is in charge of hazing for first time Jammers... :lol:

bikerfish wrote:
PennypackFlyer wrote:

yeah, that forecast doesn't look very promising. I remember one year when even the brookie streams were blown out! might be like that again, all depends on the path of the storms i guess. Hopefully that area dodges some of them. I'll be there sometime on thursday.

I remember that year...that was the last time I was at the jam. Sorry folks, I bring the rain! Squatches have that supernatural power....

I don't think the brookie streams will be blown out.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
bikerfish wrote:
PennypackFlyer wrote:

I remember that year...that was the last time I was at the jam. Sorry folks, I bring the rain! Squatches have that supernatural power....

I don't think the brookie streams will be blown out.

That year Fredrick and I drove around to the smaller streams and ended up fishing the lake up the road from the campground. It rained so hard and the lake got so high the inlet stream was spewing mud and the lake ended up like chocolate milk. We caught some nice crappies, though!

Attachments

• crappie fishin'.jpg
    crappie fishin'.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4
Al and I drove around all sorts of head waters, doing a lot of hiking and no fish being brought to hand!

PS-I'm staying til Saturday morning now. I'll have to leave about 6:30am, but at least I won't miss out on Friday night's shenanigans!

That year even the tiny Brookie streams were legitimately blown out for a day or so. The bigger Brookie streams were blown out for 2 days. 3.5 inches of rain in about 12 hours IIRC. I remember we went to Spring on the last night we were there, and although still essentially blown out, we caught some risers along the banks on Sulphurs.

As of now, Spring is relatively ok...It rebounds quicker, and it dodged a good chunk of the rain Saturday afternoon/evening that hit everything else. Penns is high, but barring anything else major, it has a chance to be on the high end of fishable by the end of the week...Can't take another major hit. Little J is probably already toast.

Goonke.jpeg

Here

Swattie87 wrote:
That year even the tiny Brookie streams were legitimately blown out for a day or so. The bigger Brookie streams were blown out for 2 days. 3.5 inches of rain in about 12 hours IIRC. I remember we went to Spring on the last night we were there, and although still essentially blown out, we caught some risers along the banks on Sulphurs.

That was the year that there was literally a river running through the campground haha! We have a picture somewhere of you in your waders "fishing" behind your tent.

Yeah, Seven Mountains Run was flowing good that year. I could have made a real nice day of it, but pcray posted his tent site. I mean dock.

Though I did my dishes in it that year, I don’t think it would pass the historic commerce test for navigability.

Attachments

• Seven Mountains Run.jpg
    Seven Mountains Run.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 5
Well if it washes the pollen out and lets us all breath easier it's a good thing.

Good news for now...Looks like the State College area will dodge the worst of this current round of rain/storms. Little J's gonna get it worse than the others, but it's probably a lost cause already.

Here's Penns today on Tunnel Road. As Swattie said, if we get no further hits it should be ok for the Jam.

Attachments

• IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 3
If things go sideways on us Friday night, I'm planning for a nice time in the pavilion cooking up some really good food, having some good bourbon and telling fishing tales!

Anyone want to withdraw or amend their entry? I don't, but my brother Jim will be late. Nothing to do with the weather and rain, just circumstances.

JAM ROLE [SIC] CALL:

8. Pro4mance- Wed - Sun?
9. DanL - Wed PM-Mon AM
22. Dave_W, he's coming, but he's hedging.

The only amendment I'd make is that I'm definitely staying til Saturday AM now.

I'll bring the pipes, tobacco, and whisky punch

JackM wrote:
Anyone want to withdraw or amend their entry? I don't, but my brother Jim will be late. Nothing to do with the weather and rain, just circumstances.

JAM ROLE [SIC] CALL:

8. Pro4mance- Wed - Sun?
9. DanL - Wed PM-Mon AM
22. Dave_W, he's coming, but he's hedging.
23. Boyer-Friday to Sunday

Boyer

Back