2018 PAFF Jam - 18-20 May

NickR wrote:
Fredrick,

No snakehead fisherman allowed ????

Well that's a relief since I'm a snakehead fly fisherman .

A bunch of relative strangers converge on a campground in one of the best locations to fly fish at one of the best times of year to do so. The groups rents a pavilion so that after the day ends, the attendees can gather to chat and get to know one another. As this has been going on for nearly two decades, a lot of the attendees will know one another, but we always welcome newcomers and unless you are terribly shy or suffer social anxiety, you are likely to enjoy the experience.

I should also add the pavilion is available throughout the weekend for gathering or staging or meeting up to form small fishing groups. This website, its owner and moderators take no responsibility for guest behavior. Everyone is on their own and must be sure to conduct themselves civilly and lawfully.

There likely won't be anyone fishing in your waders besides you.

Expect bad weather and a good time.

Well Played!!

The QTip Bros. will be arriving in the PM on the 14. Your welcome to stop by and say Hi if your in the area. Probably have a cold one for you. GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
The QTip Bros. will be arriving in the PM on the 14. Your welcome to stop by and say Hi if your in the area. Probably have a cold one for you. GG

I might just take you up on that offer :pint:

Please do. GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Please do. GG

Sounds good I will be there Monday as well

A gentle reminder....

The annual Jam is an opportunity, as Jack pointed out above, to get together, see old friends, and hit our favorite streams with those friends. We ask that this not be impacted by folks trying to sell stuff. The Jam is not a money making opportunity.

In the past, there has been a problem with some of our guests, in effect, setting up shop at the pavilion and trying to sell their fly fishing mechandise or other crafts. Please refrain from doing this. While we welcome a donation for the raffle which supports the cost of the event (extra raffle funds are donated to the Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp) the Jam is not a commercial opportunity.

Alright...I'm heading up early Thursday morning, and unfortunately I have to head home Friday night, as I have a meeting in H-burg Saturday AM.

be good to see you there Andy!

10 days out...about time for Roll Call.

Copy the growing list into your post:

1. Swattie87 - Thursday PM to Sunday AM

2. Fredrick, Mooney4 -Monday-Sunday

Swattie87 wrote:

Oh good to know...I'm planning on stopping at that one stream we fished Thursday AM. Hope I don't wreck it for you ;-)

2. Fredrick, Mooney4 -Monday-Sunday
3. Squatch- Thursday AM to Friday PM (or super AM Saturday?)

Hope you catch nothing but Chubs Squatch! Haha. Na, plenty of mileage to fish on that one. You can breakdown where you left off Thursday night back at the CG, and I'll pick up there on Friday morning. Hope ya get another Tiger!

Swattie87 wrote:
Hope you catch nothing but Chubs Squatch! Haha. Na, plenty of mileage to fish on that one. You can breakdown where you left off Thursday night back at the CG, and I'll pick up there on Friday morning. Hope ya get another Tiger!
Sounds good. You know I wouldn't fish it if you planned on being there Thursday, right?

I will most likely start lower than where you and I went in 4 years ago.

Haha, it'd be good either way. Sounds good.

Roll Call:
Gulf and Moose Mon -Sun
Pro4mance Wed? Sun
Farmer Dave Wed? -Sun
so far
GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Roll Call:
Gulf and Moose Mon -Sun
Pro4mance Wed? Sun
Farmer Dave Wed? -Sun
so far
GG

Leave it to the retired school teacher to screw it up.

2. Fredrick, -Monday-Sunday
3. Mooney4 -Monday-Sunday
4. Squatch- Thursday AM to Friday PM (or super AM Saturday?)
5. Gulfgrayhair- Mon - Sun
6. MiniMoose (he lost weight)- Mon - Sun
7. FarmerDave Wed - Sun (subject to slight change)
H. Pro4mance- Wed - Sun?

2. Fredrick, -Monday-Sunday
3. Mooney4 -Monday-Sunday
4. Squatch- Thursday AM to Friday PM (or super AM Saturday?)
5. Gulfgrayhair- Mon - Sun
6. MiniMoose (he lost weight)- Mon - Sun
7. FarmerDave Wed - Sun (subject to slight change)
8. Pro4mance- Wed - Sun?
9. DanL - Wed PM-Mon AM

I wont make it this year. I was however up at Seven Mountains this past weekend. Pending the typical monsoon of the JAM you guys should have a great weekend with lots of bugs. Lets just say things are progressing nicely in terms of hatches on the streams.

Back