2018 PAFF Jam - 18-20 May

I didn't know if maybe you meant places off site.

It's a toss up. I shown up without a reservation and got a place one year and had all the cabins booked by April in another.

You can check availability on their site. I just did and there isn't much left assuming I did it right. Looks like the smaller cabins are all booked for the 18 and 19th.

Quite often someone has a bed or two empty...I've been able to help others fill a bed in other years and tended as a fallback.

Thanks Tom, appreciate the insight, looking forward to my first jam!

BTW I remembered all that have gotten rude with me throughout the year and I plan on sticking spiders in your waders while you hang them out to dry over night. After that we can drinks some beers and swap fishing spots but my snakehead ones are off the table for swapping :lol:

Fredrick wrote:
BTW I remembered all that have gotten rude with me throughout the year and I plan on sticking spiders in your waders while you hang them out to dry over night. After that we can drinks some beers and swap fishing spots but my snakehead ones are off the table for swapping :lol:

Time to look back through my posts and make sure I didn't **** you off :p

ryansheehan wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

Time to look back through my posts and make sure I didn't **** you off :p

I am pretty sure I didn't, but just in case, I will probably be bringing some honey and scouting out the nearest ant hills for his Fredrick's waders in the event I find any spiders in my waders.

I hate spiders!

I'm joking of course ... or am I?

Hello everyone,its has been a wile since I was on the site,just wanted say how much I look forward to fishing,and hanging out with you guys.it seems that it gets better every year.I am looking forward to it more this year because ,health issues have taught me to open my eyes a little wider each day,i hope to be done radeation,and chemo the week before. TITE LINES MY FREINDS !!!

Looks like I'll be making a last minute decision on when I can come up but I'll be there with bells on!

Get well Mic. GG

I will be there, Hell it's the only place an idiot like me feels at home.

Dave_W wrote:
FarmerDave wrote:
How far is it to Bald Eagle SP (the lake). I stayed at the lodge a few years back, and it was nice. Very nice view of the lake.

I'd guess this distance would be around an hour, maybe less. The campsite is on the other side of State College. Perhaps some local folks who know the area better can give you a better idea of the time.

I'd say it is closer to 35-40 minutes to Bald Eagle State Park.

Called Seven mountains campground. There pretty much sold out. bummed.

Even tent sites?

No. I was asking about cabins.

If anyone needs a tent to set up and return to me on Sunday, I can help.

Sundays are literally impossible for me to take off. I get two off a year, and my family is pretty possessive of one of them (rightfully so), and the other I use for the NCPA Summit.

BUT, Fridays and Saturdays are pretty easy for me to get away. So I'm thinking maybe I'll try to come up for Thursday through Saturday afternoon. I'll talk to the fam about it and see if I can swing it.

Who is coming up early? I’ll be up on Monday.

Fredrick,

No snakehead fisherman allowed ????

NickR wrote:
Fredrick,

No snakehead fisherman allowed ????

Unless he is noodling for them.

Oh wait, is that another one of those terms that indicate I am a hilljack?

I used to do that in my cousins pond for bullheads before it became a thing.

For someone that has never attended a Jam, is there information on what to expect? assuming a lot of fishing and spiders in my waders???

sroach wrote:
For someone that has never attended a Jam, is there information on what to expect? assuming a lot of fishing and spiders in my waders???

There likely won't be anyone fishing in your waders besides you.

Expect bad weather and a good time.

Back