2015 North Central PA Jam 9/11-9/13

csoult wrote:
It's killing me but I'm gonna have to miss this. Promised my daughter I'd take her to a 21 pilots concert.

WHAT!???

Dude you're close enough. Come, fish, go to the concert, come back haha!

Someone mentioned food a few days ago.

I'll bring up a batch of Tom's Famous #3 Chili(3 kinds of peppers,beans,meat,etc) enough for one meal for the group.

awesome. Thanks man. I'll PM you directions to the cabin. Comin' atcha!

CSOULT, bring girl with you or come over for the shorter time man, you not far away from the cabin, be happy!

Attachments

• young_and_happy.jpg
    young_and_happy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
Well, we both received our approval to take the day off. So, unless some unforeseen event arises, we'll be there Friday morning. We'll likely head up and fish the day away then meet up at the cabin later in the day.

All girls are welcome!
I can try to brake the leg to come over for Friday :idea:
[color=0000FF]~~~[/color]

Attachments

• VINTAGE 1932 .jpg
    VINTAGE 1932 .jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3
The North Central PA jam always brings remarkable memories and fishing in diversity type of water in North PA is spectacular.
If you don’t forget your Peacock Nymphs along with Golden Stone Nymphs you will be fine and if you like dry flies most of your time the Brown Drake Parachutes and Elk Hair Caddis are great. I always make different type of emergers as they seem to work in all kind of water condition in the late summer. Images are from previous jam.

Attachments

• 2012 Quill Gordon Summit6.jpg
    2012 Quill Gordon Summit6.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012 Quill Gordon Summit1.jpg
    2012 Quill Gordon Summit1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012 Quill Gordon Summit2.jpg
    2012 Quill Gordon Summit2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4
Sas,

Looks like I’ll be arriving Thursday night. As far as food I’ll be bring chicken and pasta salad and also more pickles then I brought last year since they were a big hit. I think a gallon jar should do you guys, plus a jar of Hungarian hot wax pepper rings I made this year. Looking forward to fishing with you guys again. See you then.

Just got done reading stream reports from Slate Run. Pine is staying in excellent condition with a variety of hatches going right now:BWOs, cream cahills, yellow sallies, and yes, white gloved howdies (Slate drakes). If the big river is in great condition, you KNOW the smaller wild streams are in even better condition!

Man!!! I wish I could be there. I'm right over the hill from you Sasquatch right in Swenden Valley. I would like to see Bikerfish haven't seen him since my Volant days. Maybe next year guys!!

streams (pine, kettle) are low and to warm right now. pine is 74-78 kettle is in the 70's. small streams are low and in high 50's to low 60's. not much for hatches very sporadic slate drakes and few caddis, some caenis and terrestrials. bass on pine has been hit or miss also.

looks like no big rain through the weekend, and temps will continue to be high.
oh well, the drinking and eating will be legendary!

Well if the fishing is bad there is the star party at Cherry Springs you can bring everyone to that Sasquatch. That is where I will be with my telescope booked it weeks ago that's why I can't fish.

I'll be driving to state college friday night. I will fish spring saturday morning and then meet up with you guys saturday afternoon.

is the star party saturday night? sounds like a great time.

see you guys saturday!

I have some Beck Kassel 22x80 binos that I use for long range hunting near pine Creek.I'll bring the tripod and set it up for the group,if we have a star party

Plan on coming , it will be my first jam. Will bring tent and cot if cabin is full. Can arrive Thursday afternoon ready to fish Friday to Sunday.
PM me with directions and anything I can bring other than beer (a given).

PM sent, MB.

Water will be low, but that's Fall fishing in Potter County. They're still calling for rain Wed., and overcast, cooler days after that. So while conditions won't be perfect, they'll be fishable. Anyone who wants to go to Cherry Spring, it's not far from the cabin. 20 minutes, maybe. If anyone else wants to star gaze, the cabin is not far from the air field back on Lyman Run Rd which can also be a dazzling place to star gaze. Tim Robinsin and I had the privilege of watching a lunar eclipse there one winter.

Back