2014 PAFF Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Saturday 3/15/14

It will be an all day event. Leaving here around 6:30 am leaving there around darkish.

Okay, that works for me. I just have to make sure I can get off work witch shouldn't be a problem considering I work on a golf course.

Sounds good just let me know.

Gonna try to make this. I've been browsing this website for a few months and the only posting I have done is asking a question about my home waters. Just got back into spin fishing last year and after months of reading this forum have decided to add fly fishing to my arsenal if not totally make the switch. I am from the berwick Bloomsburg area if anyone would like to take me under there wing I would appreciate the help. I haven't bought any fly gear yet so that would be a good place to start.anyone interested on putting me on the right path pm's gladly accepted. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, Keith.

After reading your post here, and the one in the Beginner forum, I think the Newbie Jam would be the perfect fit for you.

While you could certainly seek out advise on the forum, sometimes it helps to have visuals. The information you seek will be covered extensively at the Newbie Jam.

Good luck, and I hope you can make it down here on March 15th. By the way - this event is "kid friendly", so if they're old enough to manage the ride, bring 'em!

H.A.

Pcray, carpooling would be great, shoot me an email with your contact info:

Kevin@kevinmontalto.com

This sounds fun! It's a haul for me coming from Lock Haven, but I may still try to make the treck to meet y'all and pick some brains.

Welcome to the forum, SlowPoke.

Make sure you check out the thread about the Lancaster show. A bunch of us are getting together for breakfast on Saturday, and you're welcome to join us.

It'd be great if you could attend the Newbie Jam on 3/15 - there's people coming from your area, and you might be able to set up a carpool to it at the Lancaster show.

Nothing like making some new fishing buddies to help peak your Dad's interest in flyfishing.

Good move on attending the Spring Jamboree in May. If that doesn't push your Dad over the "edge", nothing will. It's a great time!

Will do!! Thanks

Hey Heritage,

I'd be happy to help up much like I did the last time (@ the LL newbie jam) probably more during the on-stream part working with individuals wanting to learn how to cast, how to fish a stream etc- and pitch in in other general ways (assisting where needed)....

Is there anything I can bring that maybe no one else has thought of or mentioned? (food, tables etc.?)

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul - Thanks for helping out!

We're in good shape for the morning session. The Wildlands Conservancy has us covered for tables and a roof over our heads (and heat). We're bringing spring water, coffee, donuts, and cookies - that should hold us over until lunch. We've got lunch reservations at the same place as last year.

We could use the help for the on stream session. I'm not sure how many of the instructors will be sticking around for that, and it's nice to be able to split up the newbies in as small of groups as possible. More individual attention.

We should be good to go - see you there!

H.A.

H-A, I am ready to do my part. Also I will be staying for the stream session. My plan is to do wet fly presentation. Up stream and down.

GC

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Hi Paul - Thanks for helping out!

We're in good shape for the morning session. The Wildlands Conservancy has us covered for tables and a roof over our heads (and heat). We're bringing spring water, coffee, donuts, and cookies - that should hold us over until lunch. We've got lunch reservations at the same place as last year.

We could use the help for the on stream session. I'm not sure how many of the instructors will be sticking around for that, and it's nice to be able to split up the newbies in as small of groups as possible. More individual attention.

We should be good to go - see you there!

H.A.

Thanks and be glad to help there. Looking forward to this program. Great stuff. Hope the weather gives us a great day.

tmoneys, pretty sure I sent an e-mail regarding giving you a ride, but haven't heard back. Still in?

We're mentioned in a column in the local newspaper.....

LINK

Bump

Can't wait for this event....... Schooling from the masters is very welcome. I plan to make the most of this event....

Just gonna make a prediction here...
We wont get hit that hard with this latest snow storm, but if we do the weather will warm up, melt ALL the snow before the Jam leaving enough time for the water to warm back up again. Then we'll have great weather for the Jam with multiple spring hatches with tons of dry, emerger, nymph, and streamer fishing for our time on the water.

I like to think this is how it will go...hopefully

Back