2010 Erie Steelhead Jam November 12th - 14th

I will be up around 6 am Sat. buddy Bob will be with me.
Will be in the area till Monday.
We usually stay at the Comfort inn near the airport on rt-5

wet

jdaddy wrote:
jerry! jerry! jerry!

I will hassle him via PM.

Jeff - Not sure you know Gene (gzacckey here on PAFF). He was the "poster child" for the blog entry dkile put up after last year's Steelhead Jam.

He's a member of your TU, and would be interested in riding up with you. Twist, twist.

I spoke to him a couple of times today. He's gonna try to put in for a few vacation days - he'll call me some time next week to let me know for sure.

Wet - Saw Bob today. He's pysched! Looking forward to fishing with you guys again.

H.A.

I've got a shot at it. Have to see what the boss says, thats a long drive for what would amount to one day of fishin.

If I do go, I'd be goin from Chester Cty, leavin dinnertimish Friday evening, and wanting to get out at a decent time Sunday. Open to carpool.

Lodging arrangements are still in question till final decision is made. I have a camp about an hour out. I think I would definitely stay closer to Erie Sat. night, but since its on the way, I might stay there Friday night and get an early start to meet up Saturday.

Pat - Jay might be interested in carpooling. He was looking to head up Friday after work, and wanted to split the drive/gas with someone...

jdaddy wrote:
jerry! jerry! jerry!
I will hassle him via PM.

I don't even mind Jerry, coz I'm used to it, but you realize most people have no idea who you mean?

Your hassle-fu is strong, because you know where to apply pressure, but you're up against an almost complete lack of appeal to this, especially when combined with a six hour drive.

I just have a hard time getting excited about it, other than the thought of listening to the screamin' pawl on a reel, meh?

Your hassle-fu is strong, because you know where to apply pressure, but you're up against an almost complete lack of appeal to this, especially when combined with a six hour drive. I just have a hard time getting excited about it, other than the thought of listening to the screamin' pawl on a reel, meh?

You are going to talk me out of it. I have a silent reel so I don't even get that "look at me I am awesome" reel scream.

jdaddy wrote:
You are going to talk me out of it. I have a silent reel so I don't even get that "look at me I am awesome" reel scream.

don't let my meh get in your way of having a good time.

Whoa - You mean gfen = Jerry?

I've always thought of him as one of Jerry's kids.
tongue0015.gif

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Whoa - You mean gfen = Jerry?
I've always thought of him as one of Jerry's kids.
tongue0015.gif

See, people. You're confusing HA, and as he's in the sunshine of his life, what with closing in on rod #40, we should really help him enjoy his final years.

Yes, I'm Jerry. They think that annoys me, but they're only 80% of the way on that, and 0% on the other.

Listen here, Sunshine - Just for that comment, I'm going to have to sell another rod, just so I don't accidentally get too close to the dreaded #40.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one that enjoys abusing you. It's like poking a tiger through the bars at the zoo - it may cost me an arm, but it sure is fun!

I'm lovable, don't abuse me!

I'm making the trip again.Bringing my oldest friend and roommate from college.Fishing New York as well if anyone is interested in a shot at a big brown let me know.GG

So what's the attendee list looking like now? Sounds like it's growing daily!

Everyone take your mindless banter elsewhere, this thread is for important stuff only pertaining to the JAM... jk

Folly's contacted me a few weeks ago and said that we could use their pavillion again. I don't know if anyone is planning on using the cabins at Uncle John's or not. If not we could use either place, but I know (after this weekend) that uncle Johns charges $5 to park there if you're not staying at the campground. If everyone is planning on staying at local hotels, it might be a good idea to use Folly's again. Once again up for debate, but I think we can be flexible with this right now.

Due to some things at home I will only be up on Friday and Saturday. If someone else wants to arrange the meeting places on Sunday feel free to do so.

Here's one vote for Folly's. Can't get any more convenient than that place, and with the parking situation, it plays heavily in our favor (less non PAFF parking = less crowding on stream).

The folks at Folly's were just plain nice to us, and when you add the fact that it's got a well stocked fly shop within casting distance of the pavillion, that means less time driving to a shop if anyone needs stuff.

Don't forget - there's rooms that may be available in the building attached to the pavillion, as well as a big bathroom.

I liked Folly's and by what you are saying, there is no advantage to using Uncle Johns other than for those who stay there. If it is all the same to them, we should move the Saturday and Sunday morning meeting to Folly's. Is Saturday to be another night at the Av.Tav. or will we gather at the pavillion at Folly's or Uncle John's?

I'm in for folly's. the fly shop is a plus.

JackM wrote:
Is Saturday to be another night at the Av.Tav. or will we gather at the pavillion at Folly's or Uncle John's?

The weather might be a factor in this. If it's like 10 degrees and snowing, it might be a good idea to head indoors. :lol:

Where's that place that Squaretail likes - the Newport? The one where they fed goodfortune the brontosaurus prime rib. Dan's right about the Avonia Tavern - good food, but when it gets crowded, it takes forever to get served...

Any suggestions for a local hotel to stay at? I've seen the big list of them, but am probably going to just book a room now that we'll probably use folly's.

I forgot to mention, but with rain continuing from this weekend, I did not see a single waterfall that was not easily passable and I saw some of the big ones. These fish are gonna be all over the creeks for the mini-Jam.

Ry, check with Greenroof Inn 814-774-7072, if the Sunset 814-922-3550 is booked.

I have never stay here, but have heard others give positive reviews:

http://www.elkcreeksports.net/lodge.htm

Farther away, I have stayed and favor the Riviera, east of walnut near pennisula drive and alt 5.

Back