2009 SE PA Trico Summit 8/2/09

I didn't fish today, but I came out to meet and greet those who came to check it out...

Outside of Heritage Ed and I, we had four people show up. Bill and Steve, whose usernames I didn't catch, Westleuveuleveuhoovan13 (I might have misspelt that) and Tom who's "not a lurker, [he] just doesn't post," (fwiw, that's pretty much the definition of lurker).

Anyways, Hope you guys got some fish, was nice meeting, and re-meeting some of you. Looks like the water wasn't as bad as it first looked, hopefully the next SE minijam we have won't have any weather issues.

Tight lines.

Gfen, I was there too. I fished and spoke with all of the guys you menyioned, but somehow you and I did not run into eachother. Maybe next time. As far as fish go, I didn't catch any. A few risers, but very sporadic. Saw some worthwhile Trico swarms, but didn't stay to see them fall. I rolled out of there arond 10:30.
Schiff

I think these trico summits are more jinxed than the jambo with beinged rained out ...

Damn we can't do nothing without it raining and high water!

PaulG

Perhaps we need to start organizing more midsummer gatherings. It's a surefire way to help streams in times of low flows.

So when are we trying this again?

I think its time to hang up the Trico Summit moniker 'til next year, but I'm still very much for the idea of having a mini-jam somewhere in the region, again.

I agree. I don't think it's in the cards for this year.

If you're going to fish the trikes an upcoming weekend, go ahead and post it. I'm sure some people will show up. I can't commit to anything at this point, but would like to fish the hatch once more.

The salmon are in the river now... I'd be lying if I said I gave a damn about trout right now! Even so, keep me posted.

surveyor06 wrote:
So when are we trying this again?

I'm ready for trikes again it's been a few weeks for me with the weather we have been having. Looks like this weekend should be good but it is early. I'm avail any day with the holiday weekend. If anyone is interested in gathering in the parkway let me know.

If the weather goes south at the last minute I got other places to be. :lol:

jayL wrote:
The salmon are in the river now... I'd be lying if I said I gave a damn about trout right now! Even so, keep me posted.

I'd have to agree with this statement. Maybe a local gathering when the weather is alittle colder??

Back