2009 SE PA Trico Summit 8/2/09

#24 flies are usually the norm for tricos in PA.
However, I started tying mine on #22 hooks quite a few years ago now. And they've been working fine.

To All members, family, and friends:

The Trico Summit has been rescheduled for Sunday 8/30/09 at 8AM. Hopefully the weather will be a little better this time!

Same location as before, but please note that the time has been pushed back to 8AM, due to the spinnerfall occuring a bit later as the hatch progresses. We'll head out for lunch around noon, or so.

H.A.

One could refer to it as Trico ][: Electric Boogaloo.

Anyways, I'm in.

Hope the rain gods don't read this thread again!

See you guys there.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I'll be flying back home from Colorado that day. Have fun.

PS-I may try to make it up to the LL this weekend to hit the trico's. If anyones interested PM me.

Jason

I plan on coming on 8/30. I poked around the park section last weekend and when I entered from the Oxford Rd end I could only go a little way before coming to a sawhorse blocking vehicle access to the rest of Park Rd. Is this normal? I will approach from S. Jeff St on 8/30 but I was just wondering. I am looking forward to meeting some new folks. :-D

I've fished tricos on other streams but I'm new to the LL. Hope to get a good sense of fishing it with y'all.

fly_doggie wrote:
I poked around the park section last weekend and when I entered from the Oxford Rd end I could only go a little way before coming to a sawhorse blocking vehicle access to the rest of Park Rd. Is this normal? I will approach from S. Jeff St on 8/30 but I was just wondering.

Hi 'doggie - You were on the right road, just on the wrong end of a bridge that has been turned into a pedestrian bridge instead of one you can drive over. Entering the Parkway from S. Jefferson, we'll meet in the first lot on the right.

Looking forward to seeing everyone (again ;-) ) The weather forcast so far is 50% chance of nasty stuff. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Do we want to set an alternate in case of rain? We'd talked about the Pocoloco last time a bit....

gfen wrote:
Do we want to set an alternate in case of rain? We'd talked about the Pocoloco last time a bit....

We could fish there, but it wouldn't be a trico summit without tricos. ;-)

Probably best to just wait and see - we can always shoot up the turnpike if we have to.

I am just DYING to get a picture of you with the "twig". :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
I am just DYING to get a picture of you with the "twig". :-D

Its short, but its not like those wee little soda straws at the Orvis shop, its got a proper piece of cork on it.

I'd like to point out that this rod looks normal in my hands in photos.

I went by the Little Lehigh today and it was roaring and bank full.As I sit and type it is pouring AGAIN,the trico event should be renamed the big wolly bugger swing,that's about what you need this weekend to get a hit.

I'm out of this one. Conditions are terrible.

Sigh..

Looks like Mother Nature got us again. I'll head down there tomorrow morning, but it looks like casting practice instead of tricos.

The Monocacy, Cedar, and Pohopoco are options this time. If you want to fish, just show up. We'll head out to somewhere else at 8:30 if anyone shows up.

The Pohopoco doesn't have tricos, but the caddis should make it fun. The trikes might be good on the Cedar and Monocacy - we'll just have to wait and see. :roll:

Some things were not to be, I guess. I'll come out and greet, but with the double threat of a lung infection and an infected root canal, I'm probably not up for the actual fishing part.

I haven't had a good week.

Sorry to hear gfen. I may be up for Pohopoco tomorrow. What color caddis I'm not stocked well at all but I do have time to tie a few tonite.

Dang, Gary - that doesn't sound like fun at all. I had a bad tooth from an infected root canal pulled two months ago. The relief was almost immediate!

Guess this means no Mac Baren for you either. :-o

I won't lie, I've smoked a few times since they diagnosed the URI... Hey, tis not like you inhale.

I'm gonna have to scheduele up emergency oral surgery, though, coz this thing is killing me. I knew I needed an apicoectomy before, but when I got the other issue, it made the abcese under my tooth go nuts. One of my kids accidently kicked me in it last night, I thought I'd been shot in the face it hurt so bad.

I can't imagine slipping in a stream on a rock and crunching it.

Shoot! Flooded again.

Here's a shot of the LL at the Heritage section. Even the ducks are afraid to wade in.

Gfen,

Take care of yourself. Don't worry about the fishin' right now. The streams will look a lot better when you feel better.

Attachments

• LL flow this weekend.jpg
    LL flow this weekend.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
Back