William Joseph Confluence Chest Pack

good?

Lol. Thanks. I was looking into buying/trading for one but I have heard some people say they are complete junk, while others swear by it.

I have not heard anything bad about them, specially being junk. Some people might not like the size, but junk? nah

Here is a response I got on another forum. Edited to limit profanity: "Dude buying a William Joseph pack, is like buying Hydorx Oreo Cookies. They are just not same as an original Oreo. Believe or not a William Joseph bag is a piece of ****!!! Compared to a Fishpond bag.. "

Then I have others saying it rocks. I think I am going to get one.

I love mine and Willy J's customer service is great!

Where did you guys get yours? Straight off the site or somewhere else?

Man I know a ton of guys who use those things including a few guides/competitive guys. Seems like a glowing endorsement.

"Seems like a glowing endorsement." Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

It is good. LOL

Ok. Thanks. I'm sold on this one :p

Might have to look into that pack next year. The White River that I have is hard on my neck.

jdaddy wrote:
gaeronf wrote:
"Seems like a glowing endorsement." Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

Which word?

smart a** lol.... I can understand why they recommend the fishpond so heavily, but I doubt the WJ bag is a POS. eventually you'll have 7 vests/chest packs, 1 for each day of the week.

Love my fishpond windwalker!

Tiltaxp wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
gaeronf wrote:

Which word?

smart a** lol.... I can understand why they recommend the fishpond so heavily, but I doubt the WJ bag is a POS. eventually you'll have 7 vests/chest packs, 1 for each day of the week.

Ya, I know. I literally meant what I said and was not being sarcastic for once. I know a few guides and comp guys that use them. They tend to put high demands on their gear so I think it speaks highly of the pack. There are folks on here that have it as well and have not chimed in for some reason.

I'd be interested to know which Fishpond they are comparing this to. One of the key advantages of the WJ in my mind is the shoulder harness concept versus the around the neck concept. I can't stand crap hanging off my neck. Frankly, I have gotten to where I really appreciate my Simms waterproof saltwater flats waist/lumbar/fanny pack. Only issue I have with it is that it tends to drag my waders or pants down when I load it up with gear. You would understand that Tilt.

I personally don't own the confluence but I have only heard good things from the people I know who own them. I would get one if I didn't already have my filson strap vest and an orvis complete chest pack which is now discontinued.

I know you meant that it is a glowing endorsement, I was referring to the which word comment lol.

I'd recommend seeing if there is a used one you can pick up and save a few bucks. Out of my 7 or 8 packs I only bought 2 of them new and the one was a cheap gander mtn pack that I upgraded to a large fishpond when the first was falling apart.

jdaddy wrote:
Tiltaxp wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
gaeronf wrote:

Which word?

Ya, I know. I literally meant what I said and was not being sarcastic for once. I know a few guides and comp guys that use them. They tend to put high demands on their gear so I think it speaks highly of the pack. There are folks on here that have it as well and have not chimed in for some reason.

I'd be interested to know which Fishpond they are comparing this to. One of the key advantages of the WJ in my mind is the shoulder harness concept versus the around the neck concept. I can't stand crap hanging off my neck. Frankly, I have gotten to where I really appreciate my Simms waterproof saltwater flats waist/lumbar/fanny pack. Only issue I have with it is that it tends to drag my waders or pants down when I load it up with gear. You would understand that Tilt.

+1 to the fullest. Can't stand my pack around my neck. Future purchase is in the works.

I started a thread about this chest pack back in March. I didn't start using mine until recently when the weather got real hot and my vest was keeping me hot. L love the thing. The magnet closing device is smokin. Here was the thread

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/Open-Forums/Gear-Talk/Williams-and-Joseph-Chest-Pack-Fly-Patch-Question/3,18138,255095.html#forumpost255095

Back