What Is Your Stream Side Go To Saminich?

afishinado wrote:
Big-Bass wrote:
Kray,

Scranton area pizza places coming up 81 from your way:

Old Forge: Arcaro & Genell and Rivellos

Scranton: Alfredo's

Throop: Gangi Pizza

****son City: Roma

Olyphant: Luigi's and Armenti's

Peckville: Andy's, Colorusso's and Pizza Boys

Mount Cobb: Waymart Hotel II

Hamlin: Piero's and John's

Lake Ariel: Kay's and Al Dente's

Honesdale: 2 Guys from Italy, Elegante's, and Scarfalloto's

That should fit your pizza fix from Scranton straight through to the Delaware!

Good list above ^

I'd add Ghigiarelli's to the Old Forge list, but you can't go wrong with Arcaro & Gennel's or Revello's. Old Forge is the pizza capital of the world!

Heck the gas station cold pizza up there is better then most anywhere else.

SteveG wrote:
Prosciutto, capocollo, or soppressata, with fresh basil leaves, fresh mozzarella, and olive oil. I'll probably start branching out into streamside soups this year too.

And properly pronounced I believe that would be:

Priscute, Supresott & Gabagool

:)

2 thin slices of Lebanon, one thick of German Bologna & Nathans hot mustard...on Arnolds 12 grain.

Never carried a sandwich stream side . Usually grab a pack of peanut butter toasty crackers, whatever granola bar jumps out of the variety pack and a bottle of water, yeah water, that's the ticket.

Usually just take a Lipton pure leaf peach tea and sometimes I even toss in a cigar.

Any classic sub from Wawa or Quick Check. Have them put your favorite dressing in a cup so the bread doesn't get soggy. Ugh! And then keep it in a cooler.

Good thread. You guys who don't bring food are crazy IMO. If I don't eat something during a few hours on the water my fishing suffers. I start rushing everything and flipping out when I get snagged on trees.

Food doesn't fix the snagging problem - just my ability to deal with it ;)

If I'm in Wawa country, I like their Italian sub. Toasted with extra pepperoni.

If I'm in Sheetz country, I grab a premade sandwich, otherwise I'm waiting 20 minutes for them to make something. I don't mind their food but their service is pathetically slow IMO.

Cooked salami, cooper sharp cheese and mustard on Italian bread or sweet lebanon with cooper sharp and mayo on the same bread .YUM! Add a bag of Middleswarth BBQ potato chips and a Coke Classic soda and it's even better. I have to eat at some point if I am fishing for the day. I pack a small cooler and leave it in my vehicle.

Cooper Sharp is my cheese of choice as well.

Welp, I finally traded in the sammich for a thermos of scalding hot coffee and granola bar this past weekend since it was so cold out.

A thermos full of hot soup or chilli in the winter. Can't go wrong. GG

Back