What Is Your Stream Side Go To Saminich?

I generally don't take anything fishing except for maybe a small snack. If I'm intent on fishing I can easily stave off the hunger for hours and hours.

Swattie87 wrote:
Most frequently a classic PB/J on white. Sometimes crunchy, sometimes creamy on the PB depending on my mood. It's been crunchy more of late. Blackberry jam.

Bingo! PP&J is about the only sandwich I eat on almost a daily basis. It's super chunk peanut butter and seedless blackberry jam for me. To make them travel better I put a slathering of 100% full bodied butter on the bread before the jelly to keep the jelly from bleeding through the bread.

Either subway and water, or beer or water, and nature valley peanut bars.

+1 Kev. Peanutbutter or maple / brown sugar granola bars with lager and dr pepper. Exception is when DaveS whips out the Ziploc of mini candy bars.

I think it's interesting that Swattie goes chunky and creamy on the PB. Don't see that often....usually people are true to one style.

I'd need a culinary degree to make lunch for RLeep. LOL.

When a teenager around 1978 or so prior to a canoe trip down the tionesta creek from Kelletville to Nebraska, Old Uncle Bud (with one short leg and a popeye pipe) asked me to check the coolers to see if we had the sammiches...I looked in every one of the three.(a canoe dedicated to just coolers) and reported back, there is nothing but beer in those. He said, " well thems the sammiches", lets shove off.

My girlfriend was missing after the trip, found her face down in a culvert covered in mud. Good times.

dc410 wrote:
McSneek wrote:
Pan fried wild brook trout with lemon aioli on a Martin's potato roll. Have been known to eat as many as five on one outing.

Back in the day we could eat eight. Now we can only eat five. Lol!

If you move to California, you could have 15 (as long as at least 10 of them are brook trout.)

Dear Fade,

All hope was lost when DeCo's in Claymont, DE shut down. They had the best hoagies on Earth with absolutely no exaggeration.

In a pinch hit La Spada between Chester and Brookhaven on Rte 352? It's been years since I visited but I have the word from the Chester PD that they are still kicking. Get an Italian with hot and sweet peppers. They won't load it up with lettuce and tomato just like DeCo's. They has awesome cheesesteaks too, way better than that South Philly cheesewhiz crap.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Labatt blue and grizzly wintergreen. If I have a couple extra bucks then Kodiak wintergreen.

In the middle of a comp, I like Cornish game hens and ex lax.

Really if I'm packing I take my first post, but it depends on where you are. If I'm in Scranton I get pizza. Best pizza around.

I take a Whatchamacallit candy bar and a drink with screw on lid.
Food waits for a friendly pub in the area afterwards.

Name / location of excellent Scranton pizza shops please.

>>I'd need a culinary degree to make lunch for RLeep. LOL. >>

Naw.. Just access to good NYS sharp cheddar. Everything else, so long as it does not involve hummus or any of those toothpaste meats like liverwurst, etc., is negotiable.

I mean, I thought I was being pretty reasonable. I deleted thinly sliced pickled venison heart, which is my real preference, and replaced it with pastrami.

Usually the only time I stop to eat is steelheading in Erie. Have to go to Teresa's for a sub.

Limburger and onion on rye followed by a cheap cigar

steveo27 wrote:
Great thread. I seem to always stop at a Sheetz on the way and grab an MTO. Always a 6" deli on super mushy bread.

What is an MTO?

fadeaway263 wrote:
steveo27 wrote:
Great thread. I seem to always stop at a Sheetz on the way and grab an MTO. Always a 6" deli on super mushy bread.

What is an MTO?

Made To Order

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear Fade,

All hope was lost when DeCo's in Claymont, DE shut down. They had the best hoagies on Earth with absolutely no exaggeration.

In a pinch hit La Spada between Chester and Brookhaven on Rte 352? It's been years since I visited but I have the word from the Chester PD that they are still kicking. Get an Italian with hot and sweet peppers. They won't load it up with lettuce and tomato just like DeCo's. They has awesome cheesesteaks too, way better than that South Philly cheesewhiz crap.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

DeConstanzas on the 452 exit off I95 is the go to hoagie place in Delco now Tim

MTO:Sheetz as Hoagie:Wawa

I've evolved to the conclusion that neither are very good, but both will work if need be. Wawa bread is better. Sheetz other ingredients are better. Wegmans is far superior to both at essentially the same price point.

>If you have time to eat, your not fishing.. I eat on the way home>

Actually, this is the wisest thing said so far on this thread. I never take sandwiches fishing and only posted what I did because it was better than using the time to clean the garage.

When I fish, I take a qt. zip-lock of Weggie's trail mix, an apple and a couple of Little Debbie whatevers and eat between streams.

Back