What Is Your Stream Side Go To Saminich?

fadeaway263 wrote:
TimMurphy wrote:
Dear Fade,

All hope was lost when DeCo's in Claymont, DE shut down. They had the best hoagies on Earth with absolutely no exaggeration.

In a pinch hit La Spada between Chester and Brookhaven on Rte 352? It's been years since I visited but I have the word from the Chester PD that they are still kicking. Get an Italian with hot and sweet peppers. They won't load it up with lettuce and tomato just like DeCo's. They has awesome cheesesteaks too, way better than that South Philly cheesewhiz crap.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

DeConstanzas on the 452 exit off I95 is the go to hoagie place in Delco now Tim

Dear Fade,

That's good to know. We used to go to DeCo's in Claymont all the time when I visited friends in Brookhaven. If it's anything like the old place I'm sure it's fantastic.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Roast beef, swiss cheese, and an ample amount of horseradish. Or a sub sandwich from one of Berks Counties best (there are really good sub shops in Berks County).

krayfish2 wrote:
Name / location of excellent Scranton pizza shops please.

Hey Kray,

Just stop somewhere and see what you get. Beware that the pizza up there is very different from most pizza. It's kind of like Sicilian pizza but with a completely different light and airy crust.

You can always stop at the Windsor Inn for wings when you are up that way. http://www.hotwing.com/

Regards,

Tim Murphy

I fish until I get the sugar shakes.

Kray,

Scranton area pizza places coming up 81 from your way:

Old Forge: Arcaro & Genell and Rivellos

Scranton: Alfredo's

Throop: Gangi Pizza

****son City: Roma

Olyphant: Luigi's and Armenti's

Peckville: Andy's, Colorusso's and Pizza Boys

Mount Cobb: Waymart Hotel II

Hamlin: Piero's and John's

Lake Ariel: Kay's and Al Dente's

Honesdale: 2 Guys from Italy, Elegante's, and Scarfalloto's

That should fit your pizza fix from Scranton straight through to the Delaware!

It'll take me 20 years to hit all of those. Thanks! I did stop in Honesdale once and it was pretty good (place with red awning on front)

Big-Bass wrote:
Kray,

Scranton area pizza places coming up 81 from your way:

Scranton: Alfredo's

Throop: Gangi Pizza

****son City: Roma

Olyphant: Luigi's and Armenti's

Peckville: Andy's, Colorusso's and Pizza Boys

Mount Cobb: Waymart Hotel II

Hamlin: Piero's and John's

Lake Ariel: Kay's and Al Dente's

Honesdale: 2 Guys from Italy, Elegante's, and Scarfalloto's

That should fit your pizza fix from Scranton straight through to the Delaware!

Good list above ^

I'd add Ghigiarelli's to the Old Forge list, but you can't go wrong with Arcaro & Gennel's or Revello's. Old Forge is the pizza capital of the world!

I like little Nikki's in old forge too

Trail mix with nuts, raisins and dried fruit. Don't leave in your vest though, just found a hole chewed into one of my vest pockets, lucky I didn't loose a fly box.

A Kosher Cuban #Sammich

fadeaway263 wrote:
I have been eating a WaWa Bologna and Cheese with spicy brown mustard on white mushy bread for years. WaWa no longer sells this sandwich which is making me think of other options.

Wow! I knew that mushy white bread and baloney lasted awhile, but would have figured the cheese would have gone bad my now.

My go to stream-side sammich would be someone else's sammich. Cept for Fade's years old beloney and cheese sammich of course.

afishinado wrote:
Big-Bass wrote:
Kray,

I'd add Ghigiarelli's to the Old Forge list, but you can't go wrong with Arcaro & Gennel's or Revello's. Old Forge is the pizza capital of the world!

This.......I've been going to Old Forge for pizza for 30+ years; nothing like the "white w/ broccoli" from Arcaro & Genell's.

Dam, after reading this post I am suddenly really hungry !! Anyhow for me it is usually chicken salad , crackers, spring water while fishing and break out the flask of Jim Beam right after the last cast of the day.

I usually pack a cliff bar, maybe some jerky, and a drink. That gets me through the day and I eat on way home.

I like Cliff bars, but feel like they pull a ton of water out of you to digest. I feel like I needed to carry an extra quart of water with me just to eat one. I switched over to Larabars...softer, easier to digest with less water, and more flavor variety.

I have eaten before and after fishing and a few times came off the stream for a lunch break or picnic or cookout, but I have never carried food out on the stream with me. At one of the jamborees or a group outing at Fishing Creek, we came off the stream for a lunch break. I had a can of corn and a camp stove in my car. One of the group went to get hot dogs and hot dog buns. While he was gone, I started cooking the corn. He returned with a package of hotdog buns, but no hotdogs because they were sold out. I may have been the only one hungry enough to put the corn on the bun and eat that.

My first Jam with PaulG , TonyC brought hot dogs and buns. They were cooked on the bank of Spring Creek. Best sandwich ever. Good memories.GG

Lebanon Bologna (sweet Groff's if you can find it), Skippy peanut butter, UTZ chips and whole wheat bread. Keep the chips in the same bag but not in the sandwich. When your ready to eat, squish them in.

This will keep all day. Nothing to go bad. Peanut butter and smoked meat heaven.

This thread raises a question for me. Why do people feel the need to purposely misspell the word "sandwich"?

Peanut butter and Lebanon bologna sounds strangely appetizing. I may have to try that with the sweet deer bologna I just got back. I have yet to try to make the pepperoni roll mentioned either.
I get singular focused on fishing and don't prepare food beforehand. I need water though, if I can't drink out of the stream I plan on fishing, I always have a couple bottles of water in my pack.

I think what fade meant to spell is SAMMICH - which is pittsburghese for sandwich.
But since he's from the other side of the state, I won't hold the misspelling against him

Back