What Are You Tying Today?

hi Turkey ... im not capable of making anything like that tray .... but i also was looking for something exactly like it ... i wanted a "mini Fly Shop" thing that would let me see what i have, look nice, etc .... Guess what ...

Jeff Bezos sent it to me!! the wife found it for me on --- where else --- Amazon. let me dig up the name ... and i'll try to post it here. i remember there were many choices of size, compartments,etc. glad you liked it!

Attachments

• IMG_6848.jpeg
    IMG_6848.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 43
I had tracked down a vendor of fly shop furniture and displays at one point. They had a big wall-mounted one like you'd see in TCO or the Feathered Hook. As much as I would like my tying room to look like a shop it's probably not practical.

Thank you kindly for the link!

Horton-1080.jpg

Horton

Hook- Single salmon
Thread - Black
Tip - Fluorescent blue floss
Tail - Golden pheasant crest feather
Ribbing - Flat silver tinsel
Body - Black floss
Hackle - Black tied on as a collar and tied back and down
Wing - Fox squirrel tail tied low over the body
Cheeks - Jungle cock eyes or substitute

Fish Flies: The Encyclopedia of the Fly Tier's Art - Terry Hellekson

@dudemanspecial I’ve never seen Rubber Legs tied with extended bodies, and I think that’s really neat.

How do you tie those extended bodies with the rubber legs extending out of the chenille?

Here are some of my ‘Legs. (Some days I feel like I’ve got too many legs when I trip on my own and fall in when wading.)

Image0

@dudemanspecial I’ve never seen Rubber Legs tied with extended bodies, and I think that’s really neat.

How do you tie those extended bodies with the rubber legs extending out of the chenille?

Here are some of my ‘Legs. (Some days I feel like I’ve got too many legs when I trip on my own and fall in when wading.)

View attachment 1641235135
I saw Tim Flagler use this technique. He ties his on jig hooks, mine are on a regular old 3x nymph hook.

Thought I would share this fly for April Fool's day. A friend gave it to me and I haven't tried it yet but I'll be sure not to use it on Jack's run.

Attachments

• Loyalhanna fly.jpg
    Loyalhanna fly.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 71
Thought I would share this fly for April Fool's day. A friend gave it to me and I haven't tried it yet but I'll be sure not to use it on Jack's run.
What's the story with this?

Reactions: GHM
Academy-1080.jpg

Academy

Hook - Wet fly
Thread - Black
Tip - Red floss
Tail - Crimson
Body - Peacock herl
Hackle - Brown
Wing - Claret

Trout - Ray Bergman