What Are You Tying Today?

A very good beginning Combatgrunt! Don’t waste your money on cutters. Most people start off with easier patterns like wooly buggers and Clouser minnows, both of which are also very effective patterns. Keep at it.
Thanks, Just trying to get the deer hair part lol I make a massive mess trying to make the heads.

Playing around trying to master the “hackle stacker” technique….

Tied an ISO emerger.

IMG 4040

Spun up a last ditch effort this afternoon to try to stick a carp tomorrow morning and wrap up my carp season on the last day of September for this year. I think I need something that they never saw before to get it done.
This one is tied on a size 8 Firehole 839 hook.

IMG 9190

Me and my brother are heading to the OBX in a week and a half and split up tying duties. I made a bunch of clouser minnows. So tired of tying them, psyched to move on to deceivers and then get sick of them too. I do love the look of a stocked box tho.
IMG 9103

Me and my brother are heading to the OBX in a week and a half and split up tying duties. I made a bunch of clouser minnows. So tired of tying them, psyched to move on to deceivers and then get sick of them too. I do love the look of a stocked box tho.
View attachment 1641232541
Don't forget about black it can be a day maker.

View attachment 1641232541
Add some black over gold over orange in clouders and rattle rousers. Best fly for there.

Double barrel surface seducer. I went with all white head.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 31
Back