>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
size 3/0 bwo

Attachments

• Blue Wing Olive 2.JPG
    Blue Wing Olive 2.JPG
    847.9 KB · Views: 42
How do you like to fish yours? I'm seeing quite a few of them lately!
For stripers, if I see any kind of surface activity of birds or stripers busting the surface on a baitball i’ll cast a gurglar right on the edge of a bustin’ baitball a strip it iradically.

For Smallies, down and across on the swing just on the edge of a huge log jam. Let it drift and swing as close as possible to the debris and initiate a few short, aggressive strips and … wait for the take!!!!

I fished big (size 2/4) gurglers and Fat Alberts on stillwater for bass all summer. I plop either along the shoreline, under overhanging trees, and up near structure, and then I give them a little twitch every so often. Very, very productive.

They say that some flies are to catch fisherman. Well this one caught me. Nice fly.
Thanks Tigereye. I enjoy coming up with subtle different variations for carp bugs. My main theme is usually natural materials in earthy tones with very little flash. My goal is usually a bit of contrast but plenty of movement. If the fly or the presentation itself doesn’t spook the carp and the movement of the materials fool the fish into believing that it’s alive - 9 times out of 10 the carp will eat the fly.

I’ll probably change up the colors of the dubbing (tan, rust, brown) a bit and tie it in an unweighted version too without the bead chain eyes for fishing higher up in the water column for suspended carp. Damselflies, which this fly does fairly represent, do swim somewhat erratically near the surface as they search for something to attach to and get above the surface of the water when emerging from the nymphal stage to an adult. This is a vulnerable stage for the damselfly and many species of fish feed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back