>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx

Tying up some streamers. Haven't tied a streamer in over a year so this Black Ghost with a deer hair wing is a little rough.

Attachments

• IMG_0935a.jpg
    IMG_0935a.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 5
Looks great Bob.

gencon

Great ties! Jim, loved the video! Always love a step-by-step process. Also, what piece is that as your background...I could get lost in myself tying with that on my speakers.

As always, really enjoying the fles displayed by our talented friends here on the thread.

Adding my own poor efforts to the mix. Size 12 Hare's Ear Nymphs.

Hook #12

10 to 12 lead wraps

Tail is 8 to 10 pheasant tail fibers

Brassie wire counter-wrapped

Black Nickel Bead (I like the subtle flash)

Natural Hare's Ear Wiggle dub body.

Attachments

• Hare's Ear.JPG
    Hare's Ear.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 4
DJs

Super buggy, those will catch fish.

Glen

That is a Chopin Prelude

Opus 28, No. 15 . Its better known as the "Raindrop Prelude"

Great flies folks!

Good looking flys everyone.

GenCon

Apparently my package of materials arrived at the office 5 minutes after I left on Friday! I was expecting it today. So....if all goes well and the toddler and baby sleep tonight. I may just be uploading a Pheasant Tail or Prince (which ever I feel like tackling first), this evening!

Go with the pheasant tail or walts worm first. The prince is a bit more involved for a first fly.

djs12354 wrote:

Adding my own poor efforts to the mix. Size 12 Hare's Ear Nymphs.

Give yourself more credit. Those darn good to me. Super buggy and should catch a pile of fish.

It ain't pretty, and the tail is a little long...but it'll do as a first tie! Thanks for all the photos and inspiration folks! And thanks to Nomad for helping a newbie out!

Attachments

• IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
FlyGuyGlen wrote:
It ain't pretty, and the tail is a little long...but it'll do as a first tie!

Well done sir! That will indeed do for a first tie. I'm impressed (really) as that fly has good proportions and will definitely catch fish.

Enjoy the hobby, it will keep you happy for years. :)

Dave_W wrote:
FlyGuyGlen wrote:
It ain't pretty, and the tail is a little long...but it'll do as a first tie!

Well done sir! That will indeed do for a first tie. I'm impressed (really) as that fly has good proportions and will definitely catch fish.

Enjoy the hobby, it will keep you happy for years. :)

Me happy...the wife maybe not as much! :lol:

Thanks Dave! Props to TightLines for his detailed vids...made proportions mush easier than I expected!

image.jpg

Some cdc / hair sulphur comparaduns I've been messing with

image.jpg

Sense we are on the pheasant tail topic I Also finished my PT box for the season, now to finish filling the other side with hares ears lol

Pheasant tails rock

Peeking caddis with mixed color pheasant tail bodies covered in UV.

PwzM_5KSSj69BynRGRzYBCi__rAwE51VpuGV2dxR2RAtGKDQl-vzSQZnOg30EdfuiKtkrbfrBv-asTcCochTAjZGMu4cPsUFe8kmW06MULUqrfv2Nrf9q0xEUl9bVxFvkKkN_7IvE0WmpcRhtBodvd2FaRbkmhX_hFaKPNKywdh_T4pw35CDkJRr192yFXYVeJg7S0k8Qjk2goLlcpHFaeIwF6NLzadkP17jFecVKdZItCgLHr6VuXSM5yBCoE6g6Uc5FKHunEccBsLpHAssgTNfLTH9gw8Zb-vLb7F5L0G0jbZjAXLAJiS8N_Y23rlV_v5OXkPBb47bi2GmgOb6bQO2-VrIdHy8TrmIDUl1o6hXBJBokcO-i3nn1ISPYkrk5-SKM8uPQ8gS3YIR1g2PeW-wY960Osli_AF8_oOSJ34qzJ-QR_fb3FJWpm2QwTpjL9YD4iaHTf81kgTULjpFjyjvTOkeDU75sAJ4yLGEGAuZQDp3pD65A6kmLtLtjNValPAzURZRpG_rXUrt8lE-TZHWaSBnKaaYoke9s_4s3M0V__r9C268LwmhZ-UPWhDJg0fJqBN1rcLUr-bpZg7XH5-4JQb5kEQOtjurQpzVLZWtztZ-Nssz=w535-h950-no

Matuka Style Streamer
eDWkzxkft2MZUUBl1OHzq-NTHiH65rE_4lrUCCR97gHggupl1WYxv631c6tMzjD-c2WoX4cWzY7x8CyPof9SWHTTpIt-iPQkDsXpr9wSGkTanM-4Cdl2jW5JH87-YDmHMjR6i_n_jJCxVA930WUUyD__1arfnbsHWoWdtqBMVeRfmzTwQGD6gCcItPjJHeIvUfxImpqiNvIwNZkl6v7TWqqot4wqKIOAlvusYWGdnrMIaW16-wLI4VYm-egKt6-6Ai17cOjynDEcWFvxwDUrcYodJ5iKp_wDstnv8m4JOHlmBesQPQgX4VtCj7lRoZNcIhF2vO9gKhfD9vBeRZqZIKkoynhymsuXHongQ0pI1RPz13jwUSWXRustG5RtU16_uscIui8qZWgd64dtAohSvwJVilyrZNqdQD8_-Pfzwr9zL4hSiO0G9cllLcpwnwlHiHCa4gU6JqSeIEfHH1vzOt9pZK6y_TF8x5kOuUya5kohVlcwHXypwlZG0xQJzU5gIt1AyCbc5eKIWzLi_auO1WNIVNcaIvsVIm-DzFeyCzILewJl8d-dyZuSxyMkFAgZXb1kgVJwKFoZ-eSFsQ4eyc0xlnkHAEbmbMs6IsVnF5EKJYEk=w535-h950-no

NewSal wrote:
image.jpg

Sense we are on the pheasant tail topic I Also finished my PT box for the season, now to finish filling the other side with hares ears lol

Pheasant tails rock

Looks great. I like to start tie on a BHPT and Hares ear when I start fishing for the day. Lots of times I don't need to change the rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back