Not open for further replies.
Fredrick wrote:
91E4A95E-5B35-4B7E-8883-02E7B312256A_zpsnlxu5zpo.jpg

Articulated BMG
D5D1C508-3AE2-48C8-BB73-A70FE06688C0_zpsucyvc75f.jpg

Game changer

Thats a really nice fly.

GenCon

Saw a similar pattern. Thought I would give it a go. This was first attempt. Could use a bit of tweaking.

GenCon

Attachments

• CDC&E loopwing (2).jpg
    CDC&E loopwing (2).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1
^I like!

Nice ties everyone!

GenCon wrote:
Saw a similar pattern. Thought I would give it a go. This was first attempt. Could use a bit of tweaking.

GenCon

I REALLY like that CDC underwingish concept.

Volksnurse wrote:
GenCon wrote:

GenCon

I REALLY like that CDC underwingish concept.

Yes very nice . I wonder how it rides on the water.

B43B2D1F-55F6-49BE-8851-0F7582BA30FB_zpse0tfradk.jpg

Murdich Minnow

^ Nice emerald shiner imitation. A word to the wise.

Juracek%20Emerger_zpspes6gmsm.jpg

Tying Emergers by Schollmeter and Leeson

Very nice Norm

Played with these while Joy bakes cookies.

Size 20 Allen 203

Black thread under-body

Black Ultra fine wire wrapped for the body

Ultra fine dubbing

Good thing it's a simple tie, because the size 20 was tough on the eyes and ham-hand fingers.

Attachments

• Midge 20.JPG
    Midge 20.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 2
Hey DJS:

Skip the under body. Just tie the wire in at the head of the fly and simply wrap down the shank of the hook to the bend. You get a much smoother body. I do this with all of my wire bodied midges.

Salmon fly. Hoping to hit these out west this summer. This is a prototype as I need a little softer foam for the body and a better patch of elk hair.

Attachments

• Salmonfly.JPG
    Salmonfly.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 1
Tiogadog wrote:
Salmon fly. Hoping to hit these out west this summer. This is a prototype as I need a little softer foam for the body and a better patch of elk hair.

If that's a reject I'd like to see one you find acceptable. Nice looking tie.

McSneek wrote:
[

If that's a reject I'd like to see one you find acceptable. Nice looking tie.

Thanks...not a reject. Just saying they will come along a little faster and tidier once i get some better elk hair. Also, the foam on that extended body is craft store foam. I find that a little too difficult to compress into an extended body.

All that being said, I have a feeling I will tie a box of them to take out west and end returning with them all. My buddy insists, though, that the timing of my trip will coincide with their emergence.

Tiogadog wrote:
Hey DJS:

Skip the under body. Just tie the wire in at the head of the fly and simply wrap down the shank of the hook to the bend. You get a much smoother body. I do this with all of my wire bodied midges.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try next time at the bench.

More big pig streamers.
This guy is over four inches and is tied with a large clipped head. For flies of this style, I like a large but sparse clipped head. The big head pushes water but is sparse enough that the fly isn't too buoyant.

Attachments

• fly08.jpg
    fly08.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
Fishidiot wrote:
Folks,
Let's continue our fly tying posts here. It's bitter cold out and there's never a better time to tie flies! So let's see what yuh got. . .

EDIT: This thread is a continuation of the previous thread of the same title which was closed due to the thread size You can view the previous thread (but not post) here.

Nice fly, what is that hook?

GenCon

Thanks for tips from GenCon and Tigoadog. Tried a quick tie following their suggestions.

Whatcha think?

Attachments

• Mike Style Midge.JPG
    Mike Style Midge.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
Dis

Looks good...now that you have those down tie some up with two colors of wire. Tie them both in at the front. Then wrap the towards the back at the same time

Google: Charlie Craven poison tung

Just felt like tying something different tonight. So I pulled out a size #10 - 3906B Mustad hook and a spool of orange 6/0 unithread. I didn't feel like rooting through a bunch of materials so I decided to whip something together using just one of my tying materials. I picked the brand new gray squirrel pelt that I had just cured over the past week. I didn't know exactly what to call it so I just called it the Gray Squirrel Flymph. Tail, Body, Wing and Collar are all tied using the squirrel pelt.

Attachments

• Gray Squirrel Flymph.JPG
    Gray Squirrel Flymph.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back