>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice flies everyone. Someday I may actually be able to make mine pretty.

RCFetter wrote:
That's a really nice fly dc and I like the black bead.

Thanks RC, but there is no bead on that one. Just an 8/0 black thread head finished with several applications of head cement.

GenCon wrote:
Hendrickson dry fly. Hendricksons will be here before we know it.
GenCon

Never fished hendricksons, but those are purdy.

Nice ties GenCon. In my limited experience with Hendricksons I've had far more success with red quills than grey or pink tones. I would have guessed you used turkey flats for the wings. Not really familiar with mallard shoulder feathers.

charliepff wrote:
Nice flies everyone. Someday I may actually be able to make mine pretty.

charlie - what matters most is that your flies look good to the fish. keep tying and try to tie regularly and your skills will improve.

Thanks guys. Flys like those are really fun to tie.

GenCon

Just a little snack for some feeshes.

Bunny strips, polar chenille, fox collar, wigglies, a deer hair collar and a spun ice dub head round out my little friend here.

FullSizeRender.jpg
[/url][/img]

fishngun, that is a meaty juicy looking fly. Nice.

GenCon

Thanks GenCon. At about 4 1/2 inches long it fits neatly into the multi species category. I just gotta get it wet and see if it'll produce.

Finally got all my materials in the mail today. Tried my hand this evening at tying a Moto Minnow. Took quite a bit of time but I think I got one successfully tied. Guess the real test is if the fish like it. Had a great time on the LL with Tyger today too, although the fish were not very forthcoming and it was a bit cold. :)
20150328_2109310_zpsbcle7bje.jpg

I found one of those old paper boxes of Mustad 3906B hooks in size 14 with a few left in the bottom. Cranked out of few of Jack's (lv2nymph) beadhead mink nymphs. A simple to tie and very effective nymph pattern.

Attachments

• Beadhead Mink Nymph 002.JPG
    Beadhead Mink Nymph 002.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
John, that looks fantastic. Really nice job, love the the mink nymph!
Mike, awesome dries. The old school look never gets old...
Fishngun, no doubt that's going to get chomped!
Ambling, that's going to have great movement, nice...
Just got an order in from Romania & the Czech republic the other day...

Cinnamon Pearl quill body/ orange peacock eye quill, troutline buggy dubbing 09 with a splash of orange ice, Coq de Leon unique variant for the tail.
8775996cdf89b14cc4c55a083187e92e_zps8wbameuy.jpg

That's a beauty Jack.

A salmon fly lapel pin.

These can be easily made by bending some heavy gage wire into an "L" shape and securely lashing it to the shank of the hook with a liberal dose of Superglue and thread winding. I then sharpen the protruding pin by cutting it off at an angle and sharpening the point with a Dremel tool or a small machinist's file.
I recommend that you use flexible and durable wing materials (in this case calf hair) since delicate feather wing flies will get ruffled by overcoats and auto seatbelts. The jungle cock eye is coated with a thick coat of glue on the back to give it durability. The point of the hook is tipped with a bead from bead chain and secured with Superglue.

Attachments

• Tiepin.jpg
    Tiepin.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 2
John, those nymphs are the shizzle.
Jack, those quill body flys are really awesome.
Sam, that dog will hunt! Nice job.

Been working on some polish woven nymphs. Don't know how well they'll fish, but they sure do look cool

Attachments

• polish weave 1.jpg
    polish weave 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
  • polish weave 2.jpg
    polish weave 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4
  • polish weave 3.jpg
    polish weave 3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
  • polish weave 4.jpg
    polish weave 4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3
  • polish weave 5.jpg
    polish weave 5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
tempy,

Welcome to the fly tying forum. Looks like you got some good stuff to share. Very nice looking nymphs. I think they will all fish great.

Tied a couple of BWO's to see if I remembered what Gencon was kind enough to show me. They came out better than what I tied the other day, but looking at them I see I need to do a better job on the body taper.

Attachments

• BWO.jpg
    BWO.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back