>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
GenCon got me interested in the Moto's Minnow. Here's a version I whipped up this morning.

Attachments

• Moto's.JPG
    Moto's.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 5
Lv2
I don't have any lapel pins ,but I will tie one up on a safety pin for Sister Mary GenCon

Yes Henry, please do...:) that would be great! Jack

McSneek, nice moto.

Jack and Henry, :hammer: :lol:

Everyone, awesome ties!

On the Motos...they are a pain to tie, but worth the trouble. If you've ran into me on the LL, you probably walked away with one of these.
Mike and Mcsneek, those WILL take fish...actually you could probably get some trout to take it out on a date than eat it!

Anyone have a favorite recipe or video link for that Moto Minnow? Also, tyger, what colors/combos would you recommend for the LL? That is pretty much all I get to fish for most of the year...

There is a Moto's Minnow video by Tightline Productions on YouTube. It's time consuming but simple. Marabou tail then several tightly wrapped webby saddle hackles. The video mixes white saddle with partridge. My partridge skin has some pretty big feathers that came in handy.

I don't fish the LL but suspect black or olive are always good colors to try. Mix them together too like GenCon did.

I never went crazy with colors or flash. Brown, black, olive...white seems over the top for me, but would be effective.
Be sure to use a loop knot when fishing these. Youll get maximum fishy buggy movement with some strips.

I finally finished my nymph box today. I got the box from Allen Flyfishing about a month ago. I transferred all my nymphs from my other box and I ended up with a one side empty. I became a big fan of ice dubbing. I filled up that side with mostly ice caddis and a few ice pheasant tails. I tied up a row of princes in size 12's and 14's. I found out that box can hold lots of flies.

ice caddis and pheasant tails

DSC_0001_zpsdrulakjo.jpg

prince nymphs

DSC_0004_zpssvvt3gmb.jpg

one side of my fly box

DSC_0006_zpsr8swgfyt.jpg

other side

DSC_0003_zps2e3wmjb2.jpg

For Sister Mary GenCon
The Sister Mary GenCon lapel pin
Mike
PM me your addy and I will send it to you

Attachments

• IMG_3745 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3745 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1
Henry that is awesome. I will wear it proudly. PM sent

GenCon

J55tyger88 wrote:
I never went crazy with colors or flash. Brown, black, olive...white seems over the top for me, but would be effective.
Be sure to use a loop knot when fishing these. Youll get maximum fishy buggy movement with some strips.

^ Exactly what Tyger said.

The only thing I will add. I use Indian hen back for the hackle. It is inexpensive and there is plenty of colors to use. I do finish off the last feather at the head using a long webby saddle hackle. Usually in a contrasting color.

GenCon

Luv2nymph...really nice looking flies

Thank you very much Steven, I really apreciate that.
Red, nice box...
That's awesome Henry, I love it!

Thanks Jack
Sister Mary GenCon should have his pin before the newbie jam ,make sure he wears it LOL
Watch out though if he comes walking in with a ruler in his hand !!!!!!!!
I heard the nuns would whack your knuckles with a ruler !!!!!

You should make them things and sell them. You would have the market cornered.

Sister Mary GenCon LOL LOL !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 8502824-Angry-Young-Catholic-nun-pointing-with-a-ruler-Stock-Photo-nun-teacher-strict (Small).jpg
    8502824-Angry-Young-Catholic-nun-pointing-with-a-ruler-Stock-Photo-nun-teacher-strict (Small).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
Lol, I love it...

Charlie
Here is one I tied for a women friend of mine who had breast cancer

Attachments

• IMG_3749 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3749 (Small).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 2
That's pretty cool Henry. Don't you worry I will wear it.

GenCon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back