Waders - LL Bean

V

Valiantly

LL Bean is having a good sale on Rapid River Waders. Check it out. Just bought some. Love the life-time guarantee.

I saw that...and they have them in my size too (fat)!

I am really interested in something along these lines. This is my first season of FFing and I have a pair of thigh waders that have already sprung some leaks and are held together at points with duct tape.

I'm really quite interested in a durable pair of chest waders. I was thinking that I would wait until Christmas to get a pair, but this sounds like a great deal as I don't even have to worry about picking up shoes.

Got some questions then:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/59395?page=rapid-river-waders-aquastealth-boot-foot

Is this the product that you are talking about?

If so, do you know what the difference is between regular and King?

Is the price usually the listed high ($349), or is it usually available for less?

And finally, has anyone really tried out the LL Bean guarantee? How easy is it to return products, even after extensive use? That guarantee is the reason why LL Bean is probably the only place I would think of to buy expensive gear from now on.

I bought a pair of the rapid rivers, and before I bought them I wanted to hear from them exactly how their warranty worked. The guy told me at any time if I wasn't happy with them for ANY reason, they would replace them. Straight from his mouth he said "realistically you will never have to purchase another pair of waders if you don't want to." He told me guys send them back after 5 years of abuse and they replace them "no questions asked".

To return them you just order another pair, and when they come in the mail there will be a return label included. Once they receive them your card will be refunded. They do it that way so you don't have to go as long without them.

Hope that helps.

WOW. That's amazing. So it can all be done through the mail. I wish more companies would follow this amazing lead!

I got a pair of the Rapid River waders (stockingfoot not boot) right before the jam in May. Best waders I've ever owned!

Yea its a great deal. The customer service rep that I spoke with said its just much easier for them to send out a new pair than try to patch ones that leak. Then the customer is without their waders for an extended period, and most times the patching is only a temporary fix.

It almost seems too good to be true, but that stand behind all of their products the same way. He told me that he has dealt with people who have returned shirts that they wore holes in the elbows, and they replace them.

In my opinion, definitely a great company to deal with!

Gorosaurus wrote:
... has anyone really tried out the LL Bean guarantee? How easy is it to return products, even after extensive use? That guarantee is the reason why LL Bean is probably the only place I would think of to buy expensive gear from now on.

FWIW - I work for LL Bean. Here's the guarantee...link.

They mean what they say.

H.A.

All my waders have been from LL Bean. In the past ten years, I have had 5 pairs replaced, no questions. Right now I have Simms I bought from them and they will honor their guarantee on anything they sell. I used to have their wading boots, but have switched to Korkers.

I bought their emerger? waders a couple years ago and was able to return them twice, no questions asked. That was at the store. Unfortunately, both pairs leaked out of the box.

Back