Tying left handed

PAgeologist

PAgeologist

I don't mean to start another vise thread but I didn't find much for recommendations for lefties. I'm looking to upgrade to a rotary vise. I have my choices narrowed down to the Peak Rotary, Renzetti Traveler, or a Griffin. Are these all lefty friendly or should I avoid any of them?

I can only speak to the Renzetti, and there it depends of which model Traveler. Older ones have knobbed screw to tighten on a hook, and a smaller find adjustment screw, which would both be on the wrong side of the vise for a left handed tyer. The newer (like made in this century) use a lever under the head to tighten the hook, so you don't need to reach around the vise every time. The fine adjustment screw will still be on the back, though.

Some models of Renzetti (and I can't remember if any of the Travelers are among these) have a ratchet mechanism to turn the vise in rotary mode. These turn the wrong way if you wrap counter-clockwise looking from the eye end of the hook. (Not all lefties do.)

renzetti traveler vises can be ordered in right or left handed configurations

check out the renzetti website

The Peak rotary would not make a difference for a lefty. The jaws and rotary tension are ambi

Thank you for the replies. I think I'm going to go with the Peak.

Back