Toothy Critter Success Thread

You did a fine job Crawdad. Hey, atleast you got to handle one! :lol:

I'm real good at keeping them safe because I never catch em, just get follows hahaha.

I'm going to back off of them until the water temp gets under 80. It was 82 at my other musky lake, which is better than 93, but I did not have any takers. Fished it on the full moon with a "cold" front, during sun rise/moon set, and still nothing.

Putting the time in, that's for sure. My musky log is starting to fill up

Anyone know a good online musky fly source? Been looking haven't found much. Thx Norm

Norm,

Check this out. I know Moose (nick) personally. We grew up together playing hockey, and now we musky fish all the time. He ties one hell of a fly, and I can garauntee they will last for more than one fish.

http://moosersmuskyfliesmmf.weebly.com/

Found this place just searching around.

http://greatlakesfly.com/catalog/c21_p1.html

Might just ask some of the "pros" on here to tie you up a few. They're going to be a bit pricey because of using a lot of material and taking a while to tie.

Thanks guys I searched a little more and found both of those. Ryan we need to fish again soon. TLoomis thanks

Yeah these flies will really eat your materials up. You can use a whole spool of thread, a few deer tails, 10 strands of hackle, a pack of krystal flash and a pack of hooks in one sitting. But hot damn are they fun to tie.

pro4mance wrote:
Thanks guys I searched a little more and found both of those. Ryan we need to fish again soon. TLoomis thanks

Next time I go fishing, I'll let you know. At this rate it might be 2031 when my youngest graduates high school.

Hopefully this "cold" weather keeps up and the water temps get down. I need to catch one of these on the fly something fierce. It's killing me

@proformance I believe u mentioned about Lake Arthur, it definitely is one if the premier musky lakes in the state. It's actually my. "home lake" as I fish it regularly, have been for years, never for Musky though. From what I understand its a tough lake to fish for the toothies. I have my bass spots and my hybrid spots, however with no boat it's tough to fish due to its size at least for Musky. I would be down for a musky jam, if someone has a boat I will cast all day for sure!

Id be down for a MUSKY JAM!

A Musky Jam would be great. Going to stop by my local fly shop this afternoon to order my setup.

I'm out East but I would be willing to travel for a musky jam! A fly swap too. That'd be sweet

We should try to get some dates and location possibilities together

Sometime in the fall would probably be better. I would be willing to toss someone some money for a spot on a boat. I'll be at school, and boatless :(

I'd support a muskie jam and would try to attend. It would be best to start a new thread in the Events and Meet Up forum for a muskie jam. Also, try to avoid the dates of the steelhead and saltwater jams.
Thanks,
DaveW

I would be up for a good Toothy Jam!! I dont own a boat anymore so I would need to hitch a ride with a willing individual. Who wants to get the ball rolling?

Was a good day for me today. Caught my first ever wild brookie at Camp Run then ran into Kooser Lake right down the road. Figured I'd try for some panfish and have some fun.

This guy was cruising the shallows and just tossed the green weenie over him a few times and he took on the 3rd try.

Was a fun little fight on the 8' 4WT.

Not a huge fish, but my first ever pickerel as well, was a nice cap off to the day and two fish I'd never caught before...

Attachments

• Pickerel Aug 3rd (450x241).jpg
    Pickerel Aug 3rd (450x241).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1
Well done DanVerona.
What you actually have there isn't a pickerel but rather a nice northern pike.

Thanks, geez, I guess I should have looked at him better...never caught either of those!

Back