Toothy Critter Success Thread

I'm with you in that, I consider myself more of a river/creek guy myself, but have been known to haunt a couple local lakes. Thank you for the tip. I figured I would start each morning just outside the lagoons in the bay near structure that has deep water close, then work my way in as the day progresses. I can't wait to get up there.

Hit Marina bay and then into lagoons. Fun stuff! I am going up April 30th.
If fish are spawning should you not disturb them? How long do this take place ?

Got this one sunday within the SWPA region, ate a 9" single 6/0 hook fly I tie in a black/yellow pattern.

Attachments

• 4_21.jpg
    4_21.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2
Nice fish there Tre.

Very nice muskie TRE. Welcome to our online FFing community - glad to have another warm water guy.

Too many trout snobs around here yuh know. :)

Fishidiot wrote:
Very nice muskie TRE. Welcome to our online FFing community - glad to have another warm water guy.

Too many trout snobs around here yuh know. :)

+1^

Awesome fish glad to see another musky fly nut.

Thanks guys. It's the best one that I've got thus far on the flyrod. I have had some action with mid 20-30" fish but spent the offseason developing a larger profile single hook fly. I made the trek to fish Conneaut last weekend and had some action from some small pike, but none large enough to eat the offering.

This fish followed in and ate it boatside after the L turn. I'm still amazed it went so smooth. After the third trip to the net, she was tired enough to slide right in.

Attachments

• 4_21_13release2.jpg
    4_21_13release2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
Great story and love the tail picture. I was gonna say too, it's nice to see a fellow musky junky on the board.

Serious fish there Tre...definitely doesn't look to be going hungry.

Any chance for a close up of the fly?

Oh yeah, welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's good to hear/see other guys are as crazy about these fish as me.

Here's the fly. 4 hackles, lots of bucktail and flash.

Attachments

• blacknyellow.jpg
    blacknyellow.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
PACOFRANSICO wrote:
Great story and love the tail picture. I was gonna say too, it's nice to see a fellow musky junky on the board.

Paco I think you should give the salt a chance I mean you already have all the gear besides the striping basket . ;-)

Very nice fish bro, pictures like that keep me going after the brutal weekend of casting practice I had otherwise known as fishing.

Me and td talked about it a couple of times. My flys might be too big ha!

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
Me and td talked about it a couple of times. My flys might be too big ha!
Not right now big bunker are plentiful but can you cast those half chicken/bucktails in the wind ?

Haha. I think I could manage.

I finally shook the skunk off today. And it was an awesome day!! I had follows on most of my casts. I had a mid 30's follow and that got the heart beating pretty hard. I spooked a few fish on the figure 8, which was weird, in spite of the rain the water was really clear, I'm assuming my motion spooked em. Also had a beautiful Tiger Musky follow on the 8 and peeled off at the last second when he caught a glimpse of me. The vertical bars were pretty kool lookin.

64603B9B-0B8A-4AD0-B191-42ED7FF110AA-7770-00000993AD339DFD_zpsf251ee73.jpg

I had a good day got my 1st toothy of the season on topwater. A big old 5/0 pink n orange spongebob.
image-3_zpseb150c66.jpg

Nice! Pike or Musky? That popper looks chewed on

Back