This forum lost a very nice person

Sorry to hear that! Definitely generous with local knowledge too.

My condolences to the family RIP.

I never met her, nor corresponded with her, but I recall when she posted it was always to be helpful. Condolences to her family and friends.

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family.

Sad news...thanks for passing this on.

I'm so saddened to hear this about Kathy. Over the years I sold her a couple of rods. A year or two ago I had made a post in the Swap Forum that I would swap a new Gatti rod for a lightly used Euro rod. She contacted me and said she would give me a brand new (no swap) Risen 11' #3 Euro rod. It was amazing. Sure enough about a week later a beautiful rod arrived. My condolences to her family. While we never met in person she seemed so nice when we communicated via email.

So sad. She was a very kind and generous individual. I regret not being able to fish with her on the Lack all the many times I have fished it. God Bless her and her family.

I never met her personally, but when you interact with so many people on this board for so many years, you feel a connection with them. So sorry to hear of her passing.

Never met Cathy but a few years ago she posted that she had a fishpond wading belt for sale. I replied and we worked out a fair price. She asked for my address and I gave it to her. Then when I asked for her paypal info, she replied "Don't worry about payment, consider it a gift." I've since paid that freebie forward and I have no doubt that her good karma is serving her well wherever she is today. RIP Cathy.

She used to post on my Pocono FF page (fb). So sad, RIP Cathy! I hope the trout are rising steadily for you.
Mike B

My condolences to her family. She was a very nice person and great to talk to. She will for sure be missed by many.

Sorry to hear this sad news. RIP Cathy

I haven’t been on here for a while, sad to hear about CathyG. Her posts were always helpful and she was generous. I remember in one of her posts she offered to give a bunch of flies to someone just starting out. She was a kind sole.

I met Cathy a couple of times at our Pa Flyfish get togethers on the Little Lehigh, She was quite the flyfisher and a very kind soul. She watched once while I caught several tough trout at the outflow of the hatchery. When I was done she struck up a conversation as many of us flyfishers are known to do. She really laughed when I told her I caught those trout on a green weenie. Sorry to hear of her passing. She will be missed here. God bless her family.

Back