The Debate Started.....

Invasive Brown Trout. We’ve been discussing invasive Brown Trout for quite a long time on this thread.

It’s 2023. Get with the times, and use the PC nomenclature. You’ve been unfollowed.
Invasive brown trout is the ecological definition the PC non offensive warm and fuzzy to all nomenclature is “exotic”

Doesn’t really matter to me, they are all fun to catch

Brown trout aren't invasive anymore. We have open borders now. All trout are welcome here.
That seems to be the approach. The more fish species the merrier. Striving to be like Florida.

I saw some disturbing fly fishing magazine article about how Florida is becoming a “multi-species Paradise” and showed invasive myan chiclids, tilapia, Peacock bass, snake heads, huge pleco catfish, and many more aquarium pets turned invasive species. I lived in the epicenter of these invasive species releases in fort lauderdale Miami for two years during graduate school and its a total *hit show. Terrible

I saw some disturbing fly fishing magazine article about how Florida is becoming a “multi-species Paradise” and showed invasive myan chiclids, tilapia, Peacock bass, snake heads, huge pleco catfish, and many more aquarium pets turned invasive species. I lived in the epicenter of these invasive species releases in fort lauderdale Miami for two years during graduate school and its a total *hit show. Terrible
I want to catch a clown knife fish

That seems to be the approach. The more fish species the merrier. Striving to be like Florida.
Sub buzz 22383 1496347058 19

It's the year 2089, the PFBC press release announces that the Goliath Tiger Fish is destroying the prize Flathead and Snakehead fishery in the Susquehanna. Urge anglers to kill them, but some anglers like them for sport.

It's the year 2091, the PFBC makes 20 articles on how to fish for them.

It's the year 3000, Brown trout anglers complain the invasive Goliath Tiger Fish is cutting of migratory patterns of loch leven brown trout and displacing them.
Brown trout regulated to headwaters, become stunted.

Last edited:
View attachment 1641231303
It's the year 2089, the PFBC press release announces that the Goliath Tiger Fish is destroying the prize Flathead and Snakehead fishery in the Susquehanna. Urge anglers to kill them, but some anglers like them for sport.

It's the year 3000, Brown trout anglers complain the invasive Goliath Tiger Fish is cutting of migratory patterns of loch leven brown trout.

That's funny, but I'm skeptical of there even being a year 3000.

It's the year 3000, Brown trout anglers complain the invasive Goliath Tiger Fish is cutting of migratory patterns of loch leven brown trout and displacing them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

This doesn’t seem far fetched to me in the least.

This doesn’t seem far fetched to me in the least.
Me either🤷

By 3200 brown trout being able to grow big will be considered a myth by most anglers and the PFBC says they are unable populate new populations in watersheds attempted to be reclaimed.

First Day of Arapaima Season is a mess along most waterways and creeks are considered fished out by the second week. Anglers complain for more DHALO sections and C&R.
Angler harvest studies show most Arapaima anglers release their catch and no sections special reg areas expanded

Last edited:
Me either🤷

By 3200 brown trout being able to grow big will be considered a myth by most anglers and the PFBC says they are unable populate new populations in watersheds attempted to be reclaimed.
They will have shifted to mass producing snakeheads in hatcheries by then. Social media posts promoting yellow snakeheads caught in the Letort and studies showing angling regulations can’t save the brown trout from the Tiger fish. Can’t turn back the clock. Wear your life jacket!

They will have shifted to mass producing snakeheads in hatcheries by then. Social media posts promoting yellow snakeheads caught in the Letort and studies showing angling regulations can’t save the brown trout from the Tiger fish. Can’t turn back the clock. Wear your life jacket!
Lightening Snakeheads!

Anglers argue over Golden Snakehead or Palomino Snakehead species.

Last edited:
Lightening Snakeheads!

Anglers argue over Albino Snakehead or Palomino Snakehead species.
Or wether a snakehead looks like it’s a “heritage” strain that was stocked in the 2020’s or one of those less desirable hatchery strains with the weird markings. 😂

Or wether a snakehead looks like it’s a “heritage” strain that was stocked in the 2020’s or one of those less desirable hatchery strains with the weird markings. 😂
Laurelhill comes out with Patriot Snakeheads

Back