Suggestions on rotary vise

FlyGuy29

Been tying flies for a few years, but now starting to get much more serious about it. I'm looking to get a good rotary vise, any suggestions for a vise that is the best bang for the buck? If anyone knows of anything currently on sale as well, please let me know.

I'm sure this topic was likely covered, feel free to send a link if so.

Thanks!!

Would like to stay around $200 or less, but I'm open to more depending on some of the suggestions. Ive really gotten into it, and want something that is going to last.

You can often find decent Renzetti Travelers in the $125ish range. Great little vice, been using one for 20odd years now...

tomitrout wrote:
You can often find decent Renzetti Travelers in the $125ish range. Great little vice, been using one for 20odd years now...

+1 on the Renzetti Traveler.

Mine too is going strong for more than 20 years.

I tie midges to bass and saltwater flies on it and everything in between.

I believe the going price right now is $169+/- here.

In that price range the two popular ones are the Renzetti Traveler and the Peak Rotary. As to which one is better that is a personal decision. I chose the peak over the traveler but I and heavy handed and prefer the beefier pedestal base on the peak. Both with hold a hook and rotate smoothly. Go try them both out at a shop and I am sure you will prefer one over the other.

I think the Transformer by StonFo is the best made and most versatile vise on the market today.

joeinpa wrote:
I think the Transformer by StonFo is the best made and most versatile vise on the market today.

If he wants to spend 2x his budget then the stonFo is in the conversation. He wants to spend $200 or less not $400-$500

Renzetti with the Cam jaws. Guess they're standard now, I had to upgrade. All the vise you'll need. I do use the rotary feature.

http://www.farmingtonriver.com/dyna-king-barracuda-jr-for-hooks-8-0-22-used-great-condition/

Thoughts?

FlyGuy29 wrote:
http://www.farmingtonriver.com/dyna-king-barracuda-jr-for-hooks-8-0-22-used-great-condition/

Thoughts?

Looks like a winner to me. I dont know retail on that vise but I have wanted to try a dyna-king but didnt find any locally.

Back