Suggestions on rotary vise

I bought a Renzetti Traveler 2000 and had trouble with the shaft nut not tightening enough so that the arm spun a little when it was just nudged a bit. It may have been a demo unit so I returned it. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like that with that vise. I did like the vise and may try another one.

I bought a Renzetti Traveler 2000 and had trouble with the shaft nut not tightening enough so that the arm spun a little when it was just nudged a bit. It may have been a demo unit so I returned it. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like that with that vise. I did like the vise and may try another one.
That happened after 22-23 years of using it. I removed the nut and flattened it a little with a file. That fixed it. IDK, maybe I just made it a bit rougher. either way, that and replacing the rubber ring on the jaws (sent to me free) is all I had to do over 25 years. And I tie a lot. Full disclosure, I tied few big flies (larger than 8) until I got into SMB fishing three years ago.

I watch a lot of tying videos by well known fly tyers and I seldom see anyone using a rotary vise.

I watch a lot of tying videos by well known fly tyers and I seldom see anyone using a rotary vise.
Three tiers I probably watch most often all use rotary vises....

Davie, Kelly and Cheech

The fact that I don't need to mention their last names means that a lot of other folks probably watch their videos, too.

Back