Streamers for native brookies

drews

drews

Anyone have suggestions on streamers to use on small stream native brookies? Im gonna tie up some size 10 buggers olive and white any other suggestions?

Thanks

I tie a small(Size 12 Mustad 79580 hook) Black bugger with gold or silver coneheads with black crystal flash mixed into the tail. They work really well and can be cast with relative ease on smaller weight rods. Kind of a micro-bugger!

Did you see the ones that sandfly posted on this forum. page one-Getting ready, page two-couple new ones. Check the brook trout out, that should work.

Try a mickey finn. Red and yellow.

Thanks guys. I made some sz10 buggers tried a new one with yellow red marabou tail orange chenelle and griz hackle thought get every brookiw color into the fly and see what happens. Tied a couple Micky fins too. Let you know how they work.

I love colorful, small streamers for brookies. Tie 'em clouser style so they'll ride hook up and avoid snags in the shallow water. Keep 'em small. Here's some pics of my brookie streamers:

Attachments

• BrookieFlies.jpg
    BrookieFlies.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 3
FI,

Are you using deer hair? They almost look like they have little spun heads on them...

wgmiller wrote:
FI,

Are you using deer hair? They almost look like they have little spun heads on them...

Yes, the black clumps are deer hair.

njk3395 wrote:
FI, what size are those?

I'm not sure. I put a quarter in the pic to suggest size but I can't remember hook size (probably #10 or 12).

Back