Stocktoberfest Who Is In?

SBecker wrote:
LL Scenery is usually pretty good.

Defeats the point. When this first came up it was to have something actually in the true SE part of the state for all the Philthy locals to hit up.

I got no dog in this race, but I will purpleously shut down your attempts to move it somewhere up here.

Correct. The stream should have zero wild trout presence. This is about fishing glorified chub fisheries for rubber rainbows with a good group of people. The stuff that many of us grew up on... or maybe I'm just projecting my own vision of it.

although to be fair, the LL heritage section received some pretty substantial fall stocking due to the new Lil-Le-Hi hatchery employees Lee and Irene. ;-)

While I don't like the LL, I have to give it credit for its actual trout-streaminess. Out of the question for this event, imo. Hatches* and wild fish need not apply! Presence of stocked fish can't change that.

I'm not even sure if I am going to make it, so my opinions should be disregarded. Even if I were going, they probably should.

*Yes, there are hatches on the SEPA stocked streams as well, but I don't want that to get in the way of hyperbole.

I said I might be in, but now am iffy. Wife mentioned something about a wedding in mid-October. Gotta check to see if its the same weekend.

Sasquatch, good luck, I'm keeping you and your wife in mind.

Rumor has it the English Prof will show if SFest is at Ridley.

So, are you guys reconviening at Ridley? How much craptacular Philthy traffic is involved with getting to that, as I might recommend a friend who's not a board member show up.

I have no preference. I'm not familiar w/ either location and both seem equal distance from my house.

Pat-thanks, I appreciate it.
Andy

Shakey is correct...from those of you that attended last year Ridley would be closer. Exits 5 or 3 off the Blue Route [I476] Exit 3 if you want to go the the fly shop. Will post specific GPS coordinates after I hook up with Fred.

gfen wrote:
SBecker wrote:
LL Scenery is usually pretty good.

Defeats the point. When this first came up it was to have something actually in the true SE part of the state for all the Philthy locals to hit up.

I got no dog in this race, but I will purpleously shut down your attempts to move it somewhere up here.

Uhhm read the thread. I have no interest in this jam and was just replying to the comment about jogging girls.

Checked last night, wedding isn't the same weekend. I'm solidly back into the category of "I'll be there unless I find something better to do."

The consensus is Ridley Creek. Will discuss with Fred which section. Keep posted.

will be fishing stockies in October...just a little closer to home, as SB Tunkhannock Creek and Bowman's Creek will be stocked on October 4th.

FYI Fred is pushing for the FF stretch which I beleive was pretty blow out by the storms. Will check it on my way home tonight.

I will be making it wherever everyone decides to have it.

Thanks

Rick

OK Ridley Creek seems to be the consensus but now the question is which section. Frederick wants it to be the FF stretch but I think that will make for a crowded outing as a lot of guys fish that section. I like the water off of the Colonial Plantation section as there is less pressure and easy access via fisherman's trail. As Andy Reid says at his press conferences "Time is yours"

Guys

Sorry if I missed but, what is the date for this gathering?

PaulG

October 15th...here is a map of the park

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/ridleycreek/ridleycreek_mini.pdf

The only reason I suggested the fly stretch is because I know there will be fish there . Are you sure they srtock that area in the fall stocking fade ?

Back