Stocktoberfest 2012 - Oct 20th @ White Clay Creek

Here's a satellite pic of the waterworks. Notice the 2 vehicles to get an understanding of scale. That's basically a cliff between the lot and stream, but there are stairs going down.

Attachments

• Waterworks.JPG
    Waterworks.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 6
pcray1231 wrote:
Yeah we hit a stream following the fall stocking. Last year was a bust, fish wise, but the company and the scenery was amazing.

Hey, I caught a couple. Just gotta get the company to keep up!

Hey, I managed one ugly stocker too AND walked all the way down to the FFO area and back. Everyone was gone by the time I got back to the car.

Count me as a strong maybe for this year, pending scheduling and family constraints..

And my initial thought was the same as your's Pat, which was to try and hit some more productive brookie waters mid-morning. I've never fished the Tully though, so I imagine that will have to suffice.

There are good brookie (and wild brown) waters nearby and I know them well. Probably better than 10 worthwhile wild trout streams within a 20 minute drive of the Tully (why is it the famous one again, lol). But the spawning thing, late October is probably not good from that perspective. If alone, it's one thing to keep wading to a minimum, be on the lookout for redds and leave those fish alone, etc. But probably not a good example to set at an organized event like this.

In talking with Afish if we park at the "Run" above the Allenberry we can bring dogs. We can fish up or down to the Allenberry. Let's think on this for a bit longer before we pull the trigger as its a 2 & 1/2 hr drive for me.

West Branch Octoraro Creek - Stocked on October 10th. That would give the fish enough time to turn "wild". Parking at Puseyville Road Bridge (here come the sophomoric comments) and up on Street Road along the stream. It may even have some holdovers.

Hmmm the Octarara is more SEPA

Never fished it, which is ridonkulous since its in my county. Would love to try it!

Is it mandatory that you bring a dog with you to this event? Will there be actual fishing even if it's for fresh stockies?

Yeah man. I fish. I'm gonna leave the dog at home, after thinking about it more.

englishprof wrote:
West Branch Octoraro Creek - Stocked on October 10th. That would give the fish enough time to turn "wild". Parking at Puseyville Road Bridge (here come the sophomoric comments) and up on Street Road along the stream. It may even have some holdovers.

Did you whip out the thesaurus out for that one.

Sorry to say the Octo is not a good place to bring dogs as the parking areas are way to close to roads so no Penny this year. But I think this will be a definite.

fadeaway263 wrote:
Sorry to say the Octo is not a good place to bring dogs as the parking areas are way to close to roads so no Penny this year. But I think this will be a definite.

Didn't the masses agree on the Tully

Just got confirmation that I am off that Saturday now. Sweet.

When is the date? I'll edit the title line if you'd like.
DW

October 20th Location to Be Determined

Yo lets decide on a location so Fade can start 5 other threads promoting the event!

You may have to post one of those nifty poll things, Fade. I really have no preference here. I'm cool w/ the Tully, but I also think the Octoraro would be awesome, and possibly less crowded?

Tully would be a good choice and even if it rained....the water above Plum will remain clear. Once the lake turns, the water temps should drop below 90 so trout fishing would be possible.

It would also be a dog friendly area.

Unknown factor: water release could be 50 cfs or 1400 cfs.

Andy so good to see u... Tully might be the place if u promise to show

I probably won't make it.

October 4-7 Delaware
October 13-14 Central Penn Individual Golf Tourney
October 20-21 Monroe Valley Better Ball

If I get a late or early tee time on the 20th, I could stop down at the Tully since I'd already be 1/2 way there.

I'll spot you 10 fish before I throw on my zebra midge rig w/ indicator and catch a ton of suckers. Easily the #1 set up to catch 50 suckers at the water plant. You might even hook a trouts by accident.

Shouldn't it be Stocktoraroberfest?

Back