Steelhead swap

jayL wrote:
If we're looking for one more:

Ran this by my buddy brian that many of you met at the jam. He's a beginning tier, but would like to give it a shot if y'all don't mind his developing skills. I think he has an account here, but doesn't post.

Of course...tell him that he's more than welcome!!!

What would you guys like me tie???

I don't really have a specialty at this point.

I am open to anything really. . . any suggestions??

or David do you assign me one??

I'll assign one...

Attachments

• asalmonfly.jpg
    asalmonfly.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 5
Just kidding....
You can tie whatever you would like.

HAHA, Yeah I tie those all the time I want to mix it up a bit hahaha.

Does anyone else want to make a suggestion. I dont like tying BH Princes. . . So I would perfer something else.

Jaybo That "Sixbug" looks awesome!

Well I was thinking of not being in this one because I've been tying so much lately. I'm getting into a funk... almost 200 flies in the past month is a bit much for me... BUT... I'll do it. I see that we said "lets not all tie egg flies" and NO ONE is tying any egg flies yet so I'll tie my famous cotton candy egg fly. Count me in for a dozen.

Unrelated to the swap:

Does any have a pattern recipe for a COMET and/or instructions?

http://www.westfly.com/fly-pattern-recipe/steelhead/comet.shtml

Mix and match to your tastes.

Exactly what I needed, thank you!

Ok, sign up period is over...so start tying!!! We ended up with 14 total...so everyone needs to tie 13 flies (plus any extra if you would like DKile or the mods to rec've them as well). This should help fill everyones steelhead box very nicely!!!

I will email everyone after my daughters physical therapy today.
I think I have all emails, but it you haven't sent it to me please do so at your ealiest convenience.

Okay guys. . . I have decided to tie my custom emerald shiner.

Is that cool with everyone??

I can't start on them until Sunday, but I will boogie on them.

Do we have a deadline for tying?

I am busy this weekend, but should be able to finish by end of next week, before my first salmon run!

There will be a deadline, but it will be in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. More details in the email. Still waiting on one email address...

I tied all mine this afternoon, so whenever you send out all the info I'll toss them in the mail.

Email with directions has been sent. PM me if you did not rec've it!
Good tying, gentlemen!

Awesome. Thanks Dave for all the organizing.

I made a Tying Schedule for myself to bust out a ton of flys for the swap and myself before OCT 1.

I am Pumped.

All tied up and ready to mail...slumpbusters...a few different sizes...let me know where to send them...

boss_steb wrote:
All tied up and ready to mail...slumpbusters...a few different sizes...let me know where to send them...

Did you not rec've my email?

Flies are in the mail.

Golden Stoned Fly
Thread - Green
Hook - Size 8 nymph hook
Tail - Yellow goose biot
Body - Yellow goose biot
Rib - copper wire
Thorax - Golden Estaz
Wing Case - Black Swiss Straw
Legs - Tarantula Legs

I made this fly up last steelhead season just messing around at the bench. Went to erie and tied it on as a last resort. To my suprise it moved a couple of fish that had seen the contents of several fly boxes. Hope you all enjoy them

I began tying mine as well. I'll post the recipe now before I forget.

Inbred zug prince:
Hook: Size 12 mustad nymph
Thread: Pink
Tail: Two black rubber legs, tied split.
Abdomen: Peacock Ice Dub
Rib: Silver floss
Thorax: Peacock ice dub
Wing: Beige antron yarn

Only rib the abdomen. Dub the thorax a little bigger for a nice body taper.

Back