Steelhead swap

jayL wrote:
Brian said his are en route.

I thought both of yours were going together....I already counted his as being in transit.

David wrote:
jayL wrote:
Brian said his are en route.

I thought both of yours were going together....I already counted his as being in transit.

Ah, ok. 6 in one, half dozen in the other. We ended up sending separately since I had the hangup and was unable to do so last night.

My pattern:
Estez stone fly
#10 Mustad 9671
6 wraps of .25 lead wire
Gold wire ribbing
Olive turkey biots for the tail
olive hairs mask for thorax and body
Swiss straw for the wing
olive thread.

I've had good results from using florescent chartreuse wire and florescent chartreuse dubbing for the body under the wing, for lake run browns.
You can use a bead for a bead head.
thanks
Chris

Will be in the mail by weeks end. Sorry for the delay

JH

Did you get my clousers yet David??

Millertime wrote:
Did you get my clousers yet David??

I did get them...thank you.

In the mail is CRB, JayL, and Brian...

FFJ will have them in the mail shortly, and accounts for all of them.

Dave,

First thanks a ton for putting this together...next...I have a fever...I need more cow bell and some time on some erie tribs...anxious to get try some of these flies...if anyone is really bored...I am going up on October 19-20 with some students from W&J...it is a monday-Tuesday...

Fish on guys...I got a fever

Boss

Jay's and CRB's are here...

Boss...I have incessant cow bells ringing in my head, too...and still I need more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM

Forgot to post my recipe:

Hump Back Stone

Hook: 2xl nymph sz 14-8 (tied 12's)
Body: Wapsi Stonefly Life cycle black
Ribbing: stretch or vinyl ribbing (can also use wire)
Tail: Goose biots
Bead: Spirit River Hump-Bak glass beads
Legs: Black rubber legs

As always substitutions can be made. It's been a great pattern for steel.

David...Bruno

That may scratch the itch...but it doesn't cure the FEVER...

Bruno, that is one disturbing picture...

Jerry

when i first seen brono's avatar i though the link was going to be a video of removing the fly from the eye how bad would that suck

Tons...first, I would have to leave the stream and I only get some many days to go play...between work and family...

Then there is the whole...fly in the eye....ugh

How we looking on the swap? I need some more flies to snap off in a steelies lip.

Waiting on one...then we're good to go!

sounds good.. thanks again David for hosting!!!

Looking forward to getting these and seeing everyone's ties. Thanks so much for putting this together on short notice and for hosting this David! I'd be happy to take photos unless somebody else would prefer to do so. Just figured I'd throw the offer out there.

um....er.....completely stoked now for steel...some of you lucky guys have been up...

Bruno what was the name of that cheese you had at the jam that stuff was good I'm thinking about getting some .....

Back