Steelhead Jam 2016 11/4 - 11/6

My flight is booked. Hopefully the conditions are good because I hate to spend the money on a crappy trip. Now to work out the transportation. I'm looking forward to it.

I've been a little busy. I'll be posting some details this week as we are only about 3 weeks out.

Talked to Folly's today and we are good to use the pavilion as a meeting place.
In case anyone needs it.
Folly's End Campground
8600 Avonia Rd
Girard, Pa. 16417
814-474-5730

Hats off to you Norm. GG

The sad fact is that you won't make it. First time since I've been a member of #PAFF but I understand. GG

I will be coming mupere Thursday morning at some point. A few of the regulars had to back out. In case anyone needs it I'll be staying here.
Quality Inn on Sterrettania Rd.
814-838-7647
Free hot breakfast buffet when you stay. Pray for rain

I'll be up just for the day on Saturday. I'll try to stop at Folly's at some point depending on conditions.

Norm, I booked the same hotel. I will be driving up bright and early on Friday morning and can meet you at Folly's, the Hotel, (or at the Pet Cemetary hahaha...)

See you guys soon!!!

To much on my plate this year. I'll be sure to make the May Jam,with or without "Moose". Have one for me at the Avonia. :-( GG

I distinctly remember your wife putting her foot down and telling you that you are not allowed to come up and play with us anymore after your last two or three visits upear were cut short.

He didn't want yinz to know that.

Anyway, see you next Spring.

I still intend to make it up for Steelhead, if only for a day. After-all, Somebody has to protect the Jew from the Amish ghost.

It might not be a problem since we will be a week later, but just in case.

Don't let Muffy and Fluffy get wind of the Ghost.
GG

Muffy and Fluffy will be fine, the ghost was 2 years ago when fish were #AssHooked

I'm planning on being up Saturday morning but there's a chance I might get outta jail free Friday afternoon. Probably not early enough to fish but if anyone is hanging out lemme know. I'll be staying at Chez Parent's closer to Avonia unless libations dictate that I shelter in place. Avonia Tavern here I come right back where I started from.

pro4mance wrote:
#AssHooked

You don't know that for sure. Afterall, you didn't even see the fish. You just heard my reel screaming out line as the end of my line went screaming up around the bend where the Amish Ghost was last seen.

It could have been the ghost had snagged my line, but more than likely it was a large king salmon or 30 inch+ brown.

That is my story and I am sticking with it.

I eventually rules out a submarine, but only because I don't think they can accelerate that fast.

BTW, I seem to remember one #AssHooked last year too in a different spot, and I think I landed it for you. ;-)

turkey wrote:
I'm planning on being up Saturday morning but there's a chance I might get outta jail free Friday afternoon. Probably not early enough to fish but if anyone is hanging out lemme know. I'll be staying at Chez Parent's closer to Avonia unless libations dictate that I shelter in place. Avonia Tavern here I come right back where I started from.

Never two late to fish up there.. One year, I didn't make it up until a few minutes before sunset. Bright sunny day. Ended up hooking 4 and landing two in about a half hour right behind the shop at Folley's.

OK, that is a spot burn, but it is a big shot and others were catching nothing.

Later I heard that most from the site didn't catch anything all day and I was accused of fabricating the story. Well, it was all true, even though I didn't take any hero shots.

It was because everyone else fished all day in the bright sun when the fish were not biting and quite fishing too early to go to the bar.

Either that, or I am just better at catching them. ;-)

I got a good parking spot that day, too.

So, how does this work?
Do you all meet up at a specific spot in the morning and then go fish together? Or what?

It's pretty informal we meet at Folly's End campgrounds pavilion in the morning. People will usually break up into smaller groups and fish. Not sure how many are coming, there is info in the thread about lodging and the campground.

Lets start a roll call
I'll be up Thursday mid day to early afternoon

FarmerDave wrote:
One year, I didn't make it up until a few minutes before sunset. Bright sunny day. Ended up hooking 4 and landing two in about a half hour right behind the shop at Folley's.

Later I heard that most from the site didn't catch anything all day and I was accused of fabricating the story. Well, it was all true, even though I didn't take any hero shots.

It was because everyone else fished all day in the bright sun when the fish were not biting and quite fishing too early to go to the bar.

Yep - I remember that.
I had just fished through that section before FD arrived and didn't catch a fish all day...and he shows up minutes later and catches two steelies right at dusk. :-o

I think that was the 2010 steel jam if my memory serves me correctly.

pro4mance wrote:

Lets start a roll call
I'll be up Thursday mid day to early afternoon

I'll be up Friday around 3. I plan on heading straight to the water for the evening. I'm staying at the comfort inn on steratania. I'll be happy to meet up at the Avonia tavern if that's still the plan for Friday night.

Dave_W wrote:

I think that was the 2010 steel jam if my memory serves me correctly.

Probably.

I think it was the first one that I had gone to, so sounds about right.

Back