Spring is 20 days early

Dumb, IMO. State College is no sure bet here for anything more than a few inches. Definitely around the western edge of the big numbers. They could get thumped, or fizzle.

Tons of moisture to work with. She's made the bend and is ramping up. For eastern periphery, how far west does the low track? For western periphery, how tightly does it wrap itself up?

Haha, not a flake here, but snowing hard up in the laurel highlands, another good weekend of skiing!

Probably 4-5 inches of snow and ice pellets in Morgantown, extreme southern tip of Berks Co. Been mostly ice pellets since I first woke up at about 5, which is limiting the snow total. As of this point, my gut says it's gonna generally underperform in this area, in part because of the change in precip type. Impressive on radar, but moving fairly quickly.

I'm near Coatesville and steady ice and sleet this am; about 6in. on the ground. Supposed to turn back but we probably won't get near what the local news (everyone panic!) predicted. Should help the ground water since they are calling for gradual warming.

We've got what appears to be about a foot here in Gettysburg and still coming down pretty heavy. The forecasts I saw yesterday put us in the 12-18" range so seems to have been accurate.

The big snow forecast for here has been an alternative fact so far. Just a dusting as of now. They're still calling for an inch by this evening though

Yeah, looks like it came in a little warmer than expected, pushed the heavy snow band marginally north and west, by 50 miles or so. I81 corridor seems to be the snow accumulation bullseye, for PA at least.

Main precip shield should start to clear southern PA in a couple of hours. Moving fast.

OK, which one of you SOBs wished for "more snow-pack?" ;)

I just got done removing the first half off of my driveway. And, Swattie, I can confirm (think Jim Cantore) that the I81 corridor is in the bulls-eye (just north of Scranton).

All I have to say is this: https://youtu.be/5SRcP5bhb1Y

Pretty much a hyped up storm here in northern Lancaster County. About wrapped up here now 10:12AM Tues. Maybe 8 inches. 8 MPH winds sustained and gusts of 30+. not much here to get excited about. Although 15 minutes to the north in Lebanon County. 1ft to 17 inches. They can keep it.

dryflyguy wrote:
The big snow forecast for here has been an alternative fact so far. Just a dusting as of now. They're still calling for an inch by this evening though

And another inch through tomorrow.

I didnt even have to clean the windows on my truck this morning yet people are still driving like idiots here in western PA. Roads are bone dry, but I think peoples brains turn off at just the mention of snow around PGH

Dave_W wrote:
We've got what appears to be about a foot here in Gettysburg and still coming down pretty heavy. The forecasts I saw yesterday put us in the 12-18" range so seems to have been accurate.

The forecasts also seem pretty accurate here in Centre County (Bellefonte).

It looks like winter wonderland. There's about 8 inches of snow on the ground and still falling. The wind is starting to kick up now. The prediction is for strong winds today. So there is likely to be a lot of drifting.

Spring is burried under 20 inches

2-3" of snow and sleet in Tyson's Corner VA. About what I was expecting here, though official forecasts were for a bit more. Sleet mixed in the entire storm. One of the upper level lows tracked farther west than expected and killed the storm for far SEPA by bringing in some warm air aloft.

About 5" of sleet and 3" of snow here in Perkasie (Upper Bucks County) still falling off/on. (Lot of blown snow, so could be more than I'm measuring)

We were in the 18"-24"+ range, but some warm air high up early this AM caused about 4 hours of snow to become sleet. Still pretty, and still sucks to shovel...but hey, my 2.5 year old enjoyed playing in it for a bit.

I woke up to the sound of sleet hitting the house about five this morning. Switchover back to snow did not happen until about eleven AM. Will barely put a dent in the SE drought, maybe 1.5" of liquid.

We probably got 7 or 8 inches of ice pellets here, on the ridge above Coatesville. Weird stuff. Crystal clear tiny marbles. Doesn't pack, cept to the shovel, thanks to a sneaky wet snow layer on the bottom. Flows like sand. Yeah, mixing line came further up than expected and ruined our totals. I'm hearing they got considerably more to our north.

I can verify that this 7 or 8 inches weighs as much as 15 or 20 inches of snow. Good Lord it's heavy. Like concrete (well, more like, uh, sand). My arms feel like silly putty. While I do not have a blower, I can also confirm it wouldn't have helped much. The neighbors' blowers appear not to like this stuff. Some are having a slow going. Others gave up and got out shovels, only to realize that ain't working much better.

I got about 2 inches, not too far from sarce in Burke VA. I was hoping for more...

16 inches here.

Little old Craftsman snowblower was managing to get through this stuff which was the consistency of white sand. Thought I had her beat. Auger stopped turning. Back into garage and broken auger belt drops out. Out comes the shovel. Wow! Busted my butt 'til neighbor finished than used his blower on my sidewalk and to clear the driveway entrance. New snowblower on the list for next year. Was going to get one after last year's 3' but held off. Thought I made it through. I'll repair "old faithful" but he was never up to the task in the first place. Will be outside at the next neighborhood yard sale.

Sun came out. Roads surprisingly clear. I'd say the experts and pcray were a little off on this one - at least in Lancaster County.

Back