Sorta new to area and desperately seeking trout...

maybe two hours north of you,but, have you exhausted white clay and brandywine?
EcoDog wrote:
sarce wrote:
Are you in the northern part of DE? If so consider heading west and exploring Cecil and Harford counties in MD. If you're farther south PA is probably more worth the long drive.

Down in Slower Lower DE, but definitely not averse to a drive for trout. Thanks for the tips...

D

I second White Clay and Brandywine. Closest wild stream to those is Valley but you can fly fish for trout in the other 2. The stocked trout acclimate and take flies quite quickly after being a

If coming from southern DE I would agree that the Brandywine is worth exploring. I'm partial to the east branch. You can even find some minor populations of wild trout in a few tributaries and some of those fish turn up in the stocked sections on occasion.

From lower DE it may even be faster to go across the Bay Bridge, cut around the east side of Baltimore on 695 or 895, and then you're in range of the Gunpowder and all of its tributaries. The Gunpowder watershed has much more wild fish and better fishing than the Brandywine so if drive times are equal I'd go there personally.

shakey wrote:
maybe two hours north of you,but, have you exhausted white clay and brandywine?
EcoDog wrote:
No I haven't been up to Clay or Brandywine, but did a bit of noodling around the interwebs to learn about the area. Not too bad a drive from my end of DE, so looks like a good day trip option.

Thanks

sarce wrote:
If coming from southern DE I would agree that the Brandywine is worth exploring. I'm partial to the east branch. You can even find some minor populations of wild trout in a few tributaries and some of those fish turn up in the stocked sections on occasion.

From lower DE it may even be faster to go across the Bay Bridge, cut around the east side of Baltimore on 695 or 895, and then you're in range of the Gunpowder and all of its tributaries. The Gunpowder watershed has much more wild fish and better fishing than the Brandywine so if drive times are equal I'd go there personally.

Thanks for the tips sarce.

Hey, sorta new, trout are everywhere. Easily caught!` Just being me, Maxima 12, I see a desperate in you as meeting some friends. It is not where you go but how you go!

You want a start at top but never been bottom working up! A hundred mile walk always starts with a first step, then 200 miles. You or with a friend. The lonely road is much happier with 3! 4 is cool and a couple tag along. I would rather march with plenty than march alone!

M 6+6!

Thanks all for the great tips...

Back