• Thread starter sight_nymph_17109
  • Start date
I saw you posted a bunch of motels/hotels/etc., but are there any campgrounds in the area?

A few but they are 10-25 miles from where we're staying.

Why would anyone wanna camp when you get free movie tickets from the Carpa Inn when you rent a room! Fishing and movies nice !!!!!!!

I can only remember seeing the movie place open a handful times over the last 10-15 yrs. After Labor Day, I'm guessing it won't be open. Who's watching the movie anyhow? Jay and Jeff are hosting a card game, they'll be plenty of BS-ing on the porch and we can all sit in horror while Josh eats over 5000 calories for dinner! Trying to figure out how to load 2 boats, all gear and a full size gas grill. My car/trailer may look like Sanford and Son rolling into Hancock. LMAO

Eh - a movie isn't top on my list but i didn't know that about the capra giving tickets. very cool considering the price of the rooms.

Will be cool to fish with Redd Foxx too....

I want to be Grady and I'm hoping Aunt Esther doesn't show up.

I had to reschedule knee surgery for this JAM. Somebody better catch fish and have fun!!

Aunt Esther kept things right. Heeeavvvvvy pimp hand.

Why have you never taken me to the movies Andy? You save all those tickets for Kramer and Josh don't you? Jerk.

Price structure of drawing is great. Multiple wins should be allowed, encouraging multiple ticket purchases. It would suck to buy 10 tickets, win a $50 prize and not be eligible to win a much bigger prize. I am a luck box. I plan on taking down multiples. (This is where you will be inserting a "That's what she said").

Sat morning definitely, as that would be the more core day. Some folks will likely not be there Friday morning or even Friday afternoon.

DaveS,
I think there's a few from SW PA interested and one or two coming. Hopefully they see your offer and you guys can "go green" and carpool.

Jadaddy,
You being a luck box and me having no luck at all is exactly why I suggested one win per person! How would you like if Alpa (for example) buys $400 worth of raffle tickets and wins EVERYTHING? I wouldn't like it. I'm not just saying that because he was voted most annoying on the forum either. I would like everyone to win something if possible. I won't need to win because I'll catch all of the fish and the biggest ones that weekend. :)

I would like to join you folks at least for one day I would come up on Friday the 24th and fish with you on Saturday let me know if thats ok. I have PA licenses that will work or I have to get NY Licenses. Please let me know.

If you want to join us, come on up. I'll PM everyone with my cell # a week or so in advance. Information on lodging, license, etc is post #1 on this thread or the other one marked September JAM in Catskills. If you need more info than what's listed, shoot me a PM.

How would you like if Alpa (for example) buys $400 worth of raffle tickets and wins EVERYTHING? I wouldn't like it. I'm not just saying that because he was voted most annoying on the forum either. I would like everyone to win something if possible. I won't need to win because I'll catch all of the fish and the biggest ones that weekend. :)

Quit being a loser.

If Alpa bought $400 worth of tickets and everyone else bought a single $5 ticket and he subsequently won everything . . .well . . . it's just freaking math. If you take people's entry out because they won, you are simply insuring you will sell one ticket per person and limit FUDR's potential donation. One prize per person applies to free drawings only imo.

You rich guys are all the same.

Jack, how about a little help on redistribution of wealth idea?

Was the ticket price named? I must have missed it.

2 for $10

5 for $20

1 for $100

That's a good pricing structure. Keeps Alpa from cornering the market.

In all seriousness, I agree that flat prize structures distribute prizes to more entrants thus ensuing greater participant satisfaction, however you can't penalize those who purchase a greater % of tickets. You want to raise as much $ as possible for FUDR, thus you have to leave tickets in the drawing. Either that, or you simply make it 1 ticket per person at $10 per ticket. That way no one doubles up and you raise $10 x n for FUDR.

OK. Since the money is a donation to FUDR, can we live w/ this idea?

2 tickets for $10

5 tickets for $20

an additional 3 tickets for every $10 above the $20 mark

I don't think you'll have too many guys going above $20 in all honesty.

Back