Saltwater Fly Swap

Mine are in the mail . Are we waiting on anyone else ?

Fredrick wrote:
Are we waiting on anyone else ?

Nope the last three packages are in the mail as of today. Looking forward to all of em!

Finished the silicone/glue work on mine a few min ago.

Well well well...my phone has been blowing up for the last 10 min and now I see why.

Delivery confirmations for the last 3 packages. Cannot wait to see these.

What else can I say but thanks to the tyers who participated. To say that I'm impressed would be a major, major understatement, so I'll let the flies speak for themselves...

marcq:
8048902573_b3715e0602_z.jpg

8048901549_a6451e477b_z.jpg

wetflyguy:
8048901057_a1b4dbafc0_z.jpg

8048905608_fb3d53c217_z.jpg

GRP:
8048904388_b55dbceb64_z.jpg

8048903972_5ae77d07fd_z.jpg

PhilC:
8048898107_a7ffec0d82_z.jpg

8048897763_3d415b0ecc_z.jpg

jay348:
8048902356_dde526cd1e_z.jpg

8028329266_a4448323da_z.jpg

ebroesicke:
8048901702_5c63e58f6f_z.jpg

8048900990_aa76fcbdc3_z.jpg

Fred:
8048893093_37f94572a9_z.jpg

8048900486_e181c94a28_z.jpg

Nice ties guys can't wait to fish them . With the BMG I didn't pack/trim the heads to crazy so you guys can play around with them until you get your desired action. I keep several in my box with all different head sizes depending on how deep I want to fish it the more hair on the head the higher it rides in the water column. The second fly is a surf candy tied with one of Bob Pops Fleye Foils and tan over clear iceabou. Its a new fly for me and I can't to fish it .

Nice work everyone!

Looks good guys, nice work.

Nice flies...shoud I have sent something to return the flies in?

If its an issue I can swing into the city sometime and pick them up instead...

PhilC wrote:
Nice flies...shoud I have sent something to return the flies in?

If its an issue I can swing into the city sometime and pick them up instead...

No worries Phil. I was able to attach them to the cardboard piece and they should fit right back into the same box you sent. I just grabbed some big envelopes from work, so that should work fine to hold everything.

Flies are in the mail as of this morning

SWEET!!! Hoping to hit NJ surf soon and will love to have these in my arsenal. Funny thing is.. didn't tie any for myself! oops.

ebroesicke wrote:
SWEET!!! Hoping to hit NJ surf soon and will love to have these in my arsenal. Funny thing is.. didn't tie any for myself! oops.

I have made that mistake before but didn't this time . I tied up two extra of each of my ties for the swap

ebroesicke wrote:

Haha funny you mention...after a few for the mods, you still had some leftovers of each fly. I didn't actually count how many, but you've got some spares coming back your way.

ha. outsmarted myself....

When are the flies being sent out?

Sent em out sat morning. I got tracking #s for the ones I could, so I'll check the status when i get home tonight...not sure if post offices are open today?

It's cool I was just wondering if they were out or not. I'm sure they will be here today or tomorrow. Thanks jay.

It's cool I was just wondering if they were out or not. I'm sure they will be here today or tomorrow. Thanks jay.

Got my flies today at lunch. They look even better in person. Should be on the sand on Sunday to give them a shot. Thanks again everyone and big props to Joe (Jay348) for hosting the swap!

Thanks again Joe nice job on the swap . Nice ties guys I can't wait to get them wet .

Back