Saltwater Fly Swap

Flys are on their way.
Thanks for the swap!!!

My second pattern is going to be a fancy bay anchovy its a new fly for me if i tie it right it will be a sexy looking fly .

wetflyguy wrote:
Flys are on their way.
Thanks for the swap!!!

Was greeted by a package of sand eels/clousers after work today!

Good stuff Wet!

Flies should be out in the next few days. This is my first swap. How to we send them?

Thanks Marc

marcq wrote:
Flies should be out in the next few days. This is my first swap. How to we send them?

Thanks Marc

Sounds good marc.

This is my first time hosting, and FFNJ explains it pretty well, so I'll steal his words...

Flies will be returned in the containers they were mailed in, if possible. Please write your name on your container- If you don’t I will. Keep in mind that the other flies may be larger than yours, so make your container large enough to handle that possibility. Please include a stamped return envelope. Whatever it costs to mail to me, it will cost me at least that to return, so match the postage. To the guys that are doing this for the first time- do not send them in an expensive fly box. I have had flies get lost in the mail in the past. The best type of container is an Altoid tin or something similar. Fly boxes tend to be a little too bulky and usually cost more to ship.

The altoid boxes work great for small flies, but something a little bigger would probably suit these better. One of those cheap art and crafts plastic containers has done well for bigger flies in past swaps.

Thanks im probably gonna get them done tonight after class.

Need to audible my second pattern. Hollow fleyes are done. I will be tying an olive over white clouser minnow. Boring and not exciting, but has caught fish for me.

My Bmgs are done now I have to start on my rain baits

Flies will be in the mail tomorrow or Friday.

GRP wrote:
I will be tying an olive over white clouser minnow. Boring and not exciting, but has caught fish for me.

Can't go wrong with that one!

Looking forward to seeing all of these! We're gonna wind up with a nice variety; and judging by the few I've received, you guys will not be disappointed!

Just put my flies in the mail!

Sent from Bryn Mawr so shouldn't take long to get there...

PhilC wrote:
shouldn't take long to get there...

You weren't kidding! Just got em...these look awesome!

Update: 3 down, 3 to go!

1. jay348 - silicone mullet (yellow/wht), mushmouth (tan/wht)
2. marcq - peanut bunker and adult sand eel
3. GRP - mushmouth (chart/wht) and hollow fleye
4. Fred - Gartside BMG and bay anchovy
5. PhilC - surf candy and shrimp - RECEIVED
6. ebroesicke - crease fly and an eel punt - RECEIVED
7. wetflyguy - sand eel and clouser - RECEIVED

As for my own flies, the silicones are done and I've got a couple more chovies to wrap up.

Done. When I'm sending them just putting them in a big envelop is cool.

marcq wrote:
Done. When I'm sending them just putting them in a big envelop is cool.

Yep an envelope should work fine, as long as you include a spare or something so I can send them back.

All my flies are done will ship out tomorrow . I just ran out of CCG on the last fly was cutting close and getting worried . I hope you guys enjoy the bmg is a big bass killer and the anchovy well you will have to see for yourself :p

Anyone going to post pics of the flies ?

My flies will be picked up the mailman today. Hopefully they are up to snuff and catch you guys some fish.

Nice fred, i'll have my eye on the mail. An yes I've been trying to get pics as they arive...hoping I can do the flies justice w/ my camera phone!

Flies are in the mail. Thanks for the swap jay.

Back