Salmon River

I'll see what my schedule says as well.

My how i've missed this bs lol.

Pretty sure I will be heading up next weekend. I am pretty sure, I won't be going near the zoo. I will concentrate on some small creeks, that a buddy has been calling me about on a daily basis. Big browns and Chrome with nobody around.

Yeah Becker I've heard of a lot of chrome so I'm heading up not this weekend but the following one

If at all - take a day or 2 off during the week - there will be less fisherpersons out on the river.

Looks like I'll be heading this Thursday through Friday. Probably going to fish the DSR in hopes of avoiding most of the crowds. Real interested in those creeks though....

Any recommendations on a place to stay?

You'll be VERY lucky to find a place to stay. I'm headed up Thursday through Sunday and had to book in May to get the rooms.

We're staying at http://www.rainbowshorescampsite.com/

I'll be on the DSR on Friday. Look for the VERY large group of people, in which most have no clue what they're doing.... yeah it should be fun.

I'm heading up not this weekend but next. You will be very hard pressed to even find a room if you didn't book it way in advance. I know guys who go up every year and the day the check out they book again for next year.

If anybody is looking for a place to stay, I can give you a phone number of a friend that knows a ton of places available. He lives and guides up there, and knows of a lot of places to provide you a room. He was telling me like $40 a night per person.

The last time I went up I stayed over in the north part of Syracuse. It's abt 30 miles from the Salmon River. So if you don't mind driving about 1/2 hour - There's three there Red Roof, EconoLodge and one other that may have rooms available. The main factor in finding a room is weekend vs weekday. Weekdays will be easier to book.

15 mins away in Hastings, there's a little mom & pop with openings for $45/night.

My unicorn don't go to Easton, yo.

leaving at 5am tomorrow till Sunday. I'll post a report and pics when I get back.

My unicorn don't go to Easton, yo.

What does that mean?

I'm lucky in the sense that we have family up there and I can stay for free. It's in Mexico, but only a 15 min drive to Pulaski.

I'm over Salmon fishing. The crowds of rude inconsiderate assholes, and the smell of rotting salmon are too much for me anymore. I'm planning on going up for chrome a few times from Late november into March. Less people, fish that will actually take a fly, no snaggers, etc.

Steel and browns are the target species for me this weekend. A colleague I know in the area has seen some nice fish come through in the past week.

Monster chrome this year 19 20 lbs

They're raising (or have raised?) the level to 285cfs, that should help, going up in the am, yay!

Leaving in 2 hours. Got a text this am that it was snowing.
Come on steel!

They had a dusting but temps today in the 50s

Back