res. and the fish?

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
Tim,
Don't they usually catch those on corn? I assumed those fish were from a fall stocking.
Jay

yeah tim i wouldnt expect to fish any of these waters. i know about Wallenpaupack Creek. i spend alot of time in the nepa region and have seen the browns taken from the lake. it is said that the lake is so deep you cant get to the bottom. and supposedly there is a town underneath there. never thought about lookin at the creek during the spawn. ill have to check it out. thanks again tim! :-D i wont fish for spawning trout. but i imagine watching is a treat all on its own.

Thanks Tim, there goes the neighborhood!

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
heres a pic i took before i got sick. lots of fish above this res.
a mess of fish

Hey!!!!!! Get outta my creek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, though, I grew up fishing the branch that is on your left from where that picture was taken. Not that we never fished the branch that feeds it, but we could walk to the other branch from where I grew up. It's funny, I've tried to look for spawners out of there and never really saw any, although it's a little tight upstream from there. That's one fo my "secret" spots. :lol:

Boyer

it is really tight upstream from there. those fish werent spawners but just sitting in that deep pocket that u cant fish. i have a pic of the one branch in the photos section.
actually while we are on the subject, why the heck are they stocking that stream! it is chalk full of wild brookies, but that is besides the point. the fish ran down to that deep hole because it is the best holding water. why is the pfbc stocking a stream that doesnt have the proper habitat?!!? if the number of fish moving downstream looking for better water is that great, maybe it should be taken off the stocking list. furthermore, they are moving into water that you cannot fish. i know i like seeing my $ spent so well :roll:

Back