Redington turnaround time on rod return

albatross

albatross

OK guys, anyone have any experience with the warrranty department at Redington?

I broke my new CPS rod the end of March. I followed the warranty return instructions to return the rod and got a delivery confirmation from UPS for April 3rd. Now its been nearly two weeks and I haven't heard anything from Redington.

I'm anxious that the spring fishing season will pass me by without my sweet new rod. Am I being overanxious?

You should be getting it any day now. I returned two different rods and they were both back within two weeks.

I'd give em a call alby. Their customer service is pretty good at Redington.

I had the same thing happen a few times, I'd call em up and they knew whether or not my rod was on it's way back. I would suspect you'll have it soon though, and it will most likely be the new CPX model.

Just curious, how did it break? I've broken more Redington rods than I care to remember but have yet to break that of another rod manufacturer.

Student,

Went fishing with JackM. His car has a trick trunk which seems to stay open, but often falls without warning. We were moving from one stream to another and didn't want to break our rods down. Jack put the arm-rest down in the back seat, and we were feeding the rods in through the trunk and up through the passenger compartment. My rod was about halfway in when the trunk started falling...

The CPX would be cool, but I'll be very satisfied if I just get a new tip for my CPS. I've been very happy with this rod the few times I've had it out.

I'd say Jack owes you big time.

Bruno,

I broke a second rod of mine that same day and Jack was brave enough to loan me his back-up so I could continue fishing. He owes me nothing!

Tom, I broke my son's St. Croix Reign 9 ft 5 wt 4 pc. The replacement poilcy is not as good with them if there is any question of who is at fault. It would probably cost me $70 to replace a rod worth $100. I might just put the $70 towards a nicer rod from someone else.

I have a TFO rod I broke while trying to remove some ice when steelheading... from the day I mailed it out to the time I got it back was within 2 weeks. For that alone, I will look at their rods when I'm looking for a new one.

Please let us know how things go with Redington. I have 3 of their rods but luckily haven't had to use their warranty. Good luck.

I e-mailed the warranty dept. on Wednesday and had no reply by Friday morning. Finally got through on the phone this morning. They had my rod "in the system" since April 7, but it had not yet shipped. Maria (the woman I spoke with) promised to see that it shipped soon.

I'll update again when/if I get it back.

One of my friends broke one this last fall....took about 4 weeks for Reddington to do a REPLACEMENT, not a repair.

Good news in my e-mail inbox this evening...

Hello Greg:
We apologize for the delay --there was a glitch with our system.
We have replaced your CPS 9044 with a CPX rod - it should ship today or Monday.

Regards,
Jackie Bauer Customer Service
Sage / Redington Warranty Dept
12715 Miller Rd.
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

866-498-7243
Fax: 206-780-8796

warranty@redington.com

Another 11 days passed from the e-mail I pasted in the last post till today when I finally recieved my replacement rod. I'm unhappy with the month it took to get my rod replaced, but my unhappiness is lessened somewhat by the excitement of getting a new rod.

The CPX is handsome in basic black with silver accents. It is definitely more than a minor makeover for the CPS it replaces. It is lighter than its predecessor by 1/10th of an ounce. Some of this weight savings no doubt come from replacing the old rosewood reel seat with one made of woven carbon fiber. The guides seem to be of better quality on the new model as well.

So far, I've only been able to make a few grass casts in the yard with the new rod. I'm anxious to test drive it on a stream as soon as possible. Maybe I'll get out Thursday morning before my business trip.

I should loan the new rod to David for a day at the Jam so he can write a proper review...
:)

13107281b2.jpg

13107281b.jpg

I just broke my CPS rod. Did u send it back in the rod case or take to UPS and have them pack it. Also, did they why it took so long?

I put my completed warranty return form on top of the rod sock containing the broken rod inside the original rod tube. I wrapped this myself in cardboard to conceal what I was shipping and for additional protection (UPS has boxes cheap that would serve this purpose).

Redington claims my rod just got misplaced or something. I don't really know why it took so long? With luck, you might be able to turn yours around in 2-3 weeks and have it back for the peak of the sulphers. Good luck!

http://www.redington.com/warranty_rods.php

Nice to see they stepped up and gave you a new rod rather than replace yours, although I'd not be happy about how long it took to get it back either. Still a good move in my book on their part. I have 3 Sage rods and I noticed that it's the same Warranty Dept. I know they are one in the same company, so hopefully if I have a better experience if I need it. Hope the rod treats you well Alby.

West, please post your experience so we can compare notes.

Wow! is all I have to say. Both times is had to send a rod back I received it in two weeks. Redington has always been good to me.

Rods are funny things.

Alby I like how your rod has the little dots for lining up the sections.

I have an Orvis that has that. But what is funny to me is that same Orvis rod does not have a hook holder. I know I could wrap the line around and hook it to a guide but I do like the hook holder though.

Good luck with the new rod.

Back