Recycled Gear Packs

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

I had an idea the other day while getting things organized for our shop. My brother works for an auto upholstery shop and they throw out "old" convertible tops all the time. now the tops I'm talking about are off of bimmers and benzs. it's nice waterproof material that usually only has a small tear or stain.

I started thinking about how I am un-happy about my vest and I wanted to use a chest pack again but there are no good ones out there.

I think I am going to try to make a recycled FF gear bags out of some of these tops.

what do you think? suggestions? would you buy something like this?

Sounds like a great idea. Recycling used items is way to cool!

If it's functional and fits my needs, I don't care where the material came from.

Why not.

http://www.recycledwaders.com/

I would think car tops would be even more durable.

that site is awesome!

what a good idea

we are actually taking the plastic seats out of my old town because they're too slippery and replacing them with some custom made seatbelt seats. they frequently have to remove seat belts at the shop and replace them with new ones so my brother brought a ton over for me to use making some seats for my OT. I could use the seat belts for the straps on the packs!

Don't have to stop at the strap with the belts. Like you're making a whole seat, weave a bag with them. Do a google search on women's purses made of seat belts. Get > $120 a bag.

holy sweetness kenobi! I better get weaving!

Back