Recent Rain

It's hammering Miff Co right now. I just checked some stuff, and the water is knocking on the entrance of one of my beehives. Please just slow down for a bit, rain!!
1000002699.jpg

Are you able to move the hive to safety?

FWIW... Kettle is at 605cfs. Going to be great conditions in a couple/few days.
Edit... now at 1980cfs and climbing. Forget the couple/few days, it'll be the better part of a week to get to fishable levels now. Crazy.

Last edited:
Are you able to move the hive to safety?

FWIW... Kettle is at 605cfs. Going to be great conditions in a couple/few days.
With the rain stopping, it should be fine. Under those conditions and with how many boxes were stacked on it, it had to ride it out there.

6 inches of rain since Tues. here in Carlisle. Yellow Breeches flood stage is 7'. It is now at 8.4 at the Camp Hill gauge.

I heard Tioga county is bad, my buddy at work is a firefighter and what he is hearing on his fire radios is that they are in deep doo doo, people on roofs, asking for national guard, God bless everyone up there

It is absolutely pouring here right now, almost an inch since 2:00 pm...

The good news (for me) is the tornado watch is over, the rain is coming straight down with no wind and I live on a hill with excellent drainage so despite having a creek running through my property, we never see any standing water anywhere.

I have to get down to the Coatesville area in the AM which I hope won't be an issue, but otherwise we've been lucky so far...

I hope the rest of you are just as lucky!!

Wow.
Got 3.25" in my backyard but most of it was over by morning and we dodged the worst of it in Gettysburg.

A few miles to the east around Hanover they got much more from one of those slender bands of rain that pour for hours. Ughh.

Drove around to look at some local creeks and drainage areas: Things are high and some out of their banks, but not as bad as I expected - have seen them much worse.

I heard Tioga county is bad, my buddy at work is a firefighter and what he is hearing on his fire radios is that they are in deep doo doo, people on roofs, asking for national guard, God bless everyone up there
Have you heard which areas/streams in Tioga County?

On the USGS gauge I saw that Blockhouse Creek at English Center was very high.

Also, Lycoming Creek near Trout Run was 6,120 cfs. That's a lot of water. And that's not down near the mouth, it's around the middle of the drainage.

Also, Lycoming Creek near Trout Run was 6,120 cfs. That's a lot of water. And that's not down near the mouth, it's around the middle of the drainage.

News reports indicating the worst is along the border in Tioga Co. Westfield area in particular.

Debbie will go in the books as a classic "Appalachian runner" track.
East Fork Sportsmen Club had a few pics of area around trout nursery posted to their Facebook page . Looks like water was flowing through the nursery.
Climate Prediction Center 6-10 and 8-14 day outlooks both favor above average precipitation for PA.

Last edited:

Westfield, knocksville and Lawerenceville

Kettle at 4720cfs, unheard of for the date. Maybe two weeks to be fishable.

Throwing some stink bait to keep everyone away from Kettle next week? 😜

Tribs will probably fish well by the end of weekend. Mainstem, yeah needs a week probably.

I dont beleive Pike County got 2 inches of rain. Creeks are up 500cfs and rising but that is normal. Upper Delaware got hit pretty hard but it could have been worse.

Back