Posting Pics/ I Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown71

Is it possible to post pics to here directly from an I phone? If so how is it done?

I have always posted them from a laptop but I had to do a lot of resizing.

I am far from a computer expert LOL, any tips for the iPhone posting is appreciated, I have a few of this falls bigger fish up to this point on it will post a few if I can.

Thank you.

I post pics from my Android phone so I'm 100% sure it is possible from your iPhone. Just download an app to reduce the file size of your photos to below the max kb and then put them up. It should be that simple.

It might be easier to just link to a 3rd party sharing site like google photos or imgur. I cant find out how to imbed just the photo instead of the links anymore.

Link to photos or videos

https://imgur.com/gallery/9eTdWv5

It might be easier to just link to a 3rd party sharing site like google photos or imgur. I cant find out how to imbed just the photo instead of the links anymore.

I've tried google photos and you cannot use the imbed function because of the url.

You can post directly from an IPhone but you have to reduce the size of the file as others have said.

I've given up on photos on this site. No matter what I do my photos are always too large.

Seriously guys, just reduce file size to below 150 kb (or whatever the max is.) Yes, photo quality suffers a bit but it isn't hard. It is somewhat tiresome and annoying but isn't too bad overall. What has been bad for me lately is the fishing. I've glhad nothing to take pictures of even if I wanted to.

jifigz wrote:
Seriously guys, just reduce file size to below 150 kb (or whatever the max is.) Yes, photo quality suffers a bit but it isn't hard. It is somewhat tiresome and annoying but isn't too bad overall. What has been bad for me lately is the fishing. I've glhad nothing to take pictures of even if I wanted to.

And you reduce the file size how?

Here is the problem "just reduce the size to below 150 kb"

Try uploading a screenshot of the pic instead of the original pic. There are plenty of other ways to reduce file size which I'm sure will be posted here, but that is a quick fix that usually works for me.

:-D

Attachments

• jitterbug_senior_citizen_cell_phone.jpg
    jitterbug_senior_citizen_cell_phone.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 7
Thank you all for the replies. That is the problem I always had before, always too large of file size. I was hoping to avoid that lol, but I guess not.

sorry.
there's an app for that

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-compress-shrink-pics/id966242098?mt=8

A less convenient method is to download to a computer or iPad and change the size use photoshop or preview

Test of picture upload. Cought this yesterday. First one this year at 20"(+or-).

Attachments

• IMG_20181114_163714_crop_564x207.jpg
    IMG_20181114_163714_crop_564x207.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
Wow! Can't believe that worked. Have been trying for years to upload pictures. Thanks for the instructions jifigz.

Jfigz, what app you use to reduce the size, I have a android(note 9). I've been using a third party, first photobucket, bastards, now imgur which is fine but a pain.

That image is down to 75 and still nothing. Maybe I will just stick with imgur.

sarce wrote:
Try uploading a screenshot of the pic instead of the original pic. There are plenty of other ways to reduce file size which I'm sure will be posted here, but that is a quick fix that usually works for me.

Do you still need to resize the screenshot? If so how do you do that on a screenshot? Sorry, kind of a dummy when it comes to this type of stuff. However, this is a great topic as I’m certain many of us have struggled with this and have just simply quit trying to post photos.

For what it's worth---
I have an android phone and back up my pictures on Google Photos. After reading jifigz's post, I downloaded an app called Photo and Picture Resizer. I was able to select the picture I wanted, but to get it down to the 150kb size limit, I first had to crop it to just the area of the fish, and then rdeuce it's size by 99%. The original picture was 5.9mb. and was a decent picture. The one uploaded, not so much, but at least it worked. I don't have great technical skills and was able to figure it out. So, I think anyone can do it.
Hope this helps someone.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back