Posting Pics/ I Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
dc410:

You will need to check the file size of the screenshot (find it on your phone in your picture gallery, and open the file properties/details). It may still be too large, especially landscape photos with lots of plants and trees in the background. Sometimes those will end up being 200-300 KB in the screenshot, in which case you'll have to resize it, or crop it a bit if it's just over the limit. "hand and fish" pics usually don't take up as much space, usually under 100 KB in a screenshot.

Another way to get a screenshot is to open the original photo on your computer and then use the "snipping tool". Save the snip somewhere, then browse to it and check the file size. If it is too large, try again but snip a smaller portion of the original photo.

Resizing a 5-10 MB original photo (pretty typical size of android pictures) will really mess with the quality as KGStine mentioned above.

I tried the screen shot thing with my Android and it did not work.

I guess it might only work on the computer using snipping tool, then. I just tried one of mine and it only went from 5 MB to 4.5 MB. I thought it would have equal effect as using snipping tool but I was wrong.

Making progress just updated my avatar with the resize app recommendation now to put in in a post

sarce wrote:
dc410:

You will need to check the file size of the screenshot (find it on your phone in your picture gallery, and open the file properties/details). It may still be too large, especially landscape photos with lots of plants and trees in the background. Sometimes those will end up being 200-300 KB in the screenshot, in which case you'll have to resize it, or crop it a bit if it's just over the limit. "hand and fish" pics usually don't take up as much space, usually under 100 KB in a screenshot.

Another way to get a screenshot is to open the original photo on your computer and then use the "snipping tool". Save the snip somewhere, then browse to it and check the file size. If it is too large, try again but snip a smaller portion of the original photo.

Resizing a 5-10 MB original photo (pretty typical size of android pictures) will really mess with the quality as KGStine mentioned above.

Thanks for the reply, Sarce. How do I open the file properties/details on a photo in my picture gallery on my IPhone? Did I mention the fact that I’m really stupid about this stuff. ????

Also what are the pixel dimensions for a 150 kb photo?

And, how do I view the url of a photo on my IPhone?

Sorry, for all the dumb questions, just trying to learn a bit more.

Test
79897D7FC627498791B6.jpeg

ryansheehan wrote:
Jfigz, what app you use to reduce the size, I have a android(note 9). I've been using a third party, first photobucket, bastards, now imgur which is fine but a pain.

A little late on the response, sorry about that, but I believe that it is just called photo resizer. Some generic and free app from the Play Store.

Test of photo upload:

Attachments

• DSC_6755 (4)TestMBReduction12.jpg
    DSC_6755 (4)TestMBReduction12.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 5
test

Attachments

• tiger.png
    tiger.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.