Pear Tree Swap

My soft hackle game is so weak. This set of flies is an amazing come-up to try some new tactics. Thank you all!!!

Kim, any guidance on your favorite uses for the multicolor gifts??

I can try to get some photos up of all of the patterns tied in this swap. They are definitely worth sharing and a nice way to document them here on the thread for future reference if you hang yours all in trees and want to tie up some more of them. If you don’t lose them to the trees or rocks, they are definitely going to get seriously chewed up by the fish!!

Received mine as well.
I will have to give some of these a try next time I go out. I’ll probably just keep them in my altoid tin. This is of course until I lose them all in trees.
I feel you my friend!

Got mine yesterday as well. This is a seriously great swap. Wets for days! Jeff thanks for the insert. Now I can't wait to get these wet or hung up in trees.

Also got mine yesterday. Thanks for the sweet insert jeffroey and everyone else for the great patterns.

And of course big thanks to Kim for hosting and sending 3 flies plus the paracord.

Just got mine. Beautiful ties everyone.

Thanks, Jeffroey for the Altoid box insert, I'm going to keep mine in the box so that they don't get lost in my fly box. That way I can fish them throughout the season and remember where I got them.

Kim, THANK YOU for hosting, I'm sure it's a lot of work on your end. Also, the extra flies and paracord. This was my first swap and I couldn't be happier.

I have the photos all ready to post onto the Pear Tree Swap thread. I’m kind of waiting to hear back from all the tyers in the swap that they have received their flies. I really would prefer to post the photos after everybody had a chance to unpack their flies individually. I don’t think we heard back from - laszlo, redietz, Jeff K or whheff at this point. Please correct me if I have that screwed up. The photos turned out pretty good and will serve as a great resource if needed. Thanks again, Kim!

I have the photos all ready to post onto the Pear Tree Swap thread. I’m kind of waiting to hear back from all the tyers in the swap that they have received their flies. I really would prefer to post the photos after everybody had a chance to unpack their flies individually. I don’t think we heard back from - laszlo, redietz, Jeff K or whheff at this point. Please correct me if I have that screwed up. The photos turned out pretty good and will serve as a great resource if needed. Thanks again, Kim!
^ Like waiting until X-mas morning to open your gifts!! :eek: :D

Thanks in advance dc410 and can't wait to swing your PT/sulfur softy this spring!

Thanks in advance dc410 and can't wait to swing your PT/sulfur softy this spring!
Can’t wait to post up the pics!

If the sulphurs are moving around in the water column you’ll have a lot of fun with that fly.

Reactions: GHM
Nothing in my mailbox today. :(
I can't wait to see all the flies you guys tied. Hopefully tomorrow, :)

Received the flies today, super flies by everyone. Big thank you Kimba for hosting and all the extras and to Jeff for the insert. looking forward to the photo display

I got my flies. Thanks everyone.

I’m going to post up the photos of the flies for the Pear Tree swap sometime this evening, mainly because I have time to do it tonight. It may be posted on several posts back to back, not sure how many photos I can attach to the same post. Hopefully redietz and whheff receive their flies. The flies across the board are awesome for this swap. Great job guys!

When Kim posts up his next swap you better be on it, because I’m thinking if you snooze you may lose. 😉

Partridge and copper - tied by WWKimba

IMG 9509

Engle’s Micro Soft Hackle fly - WWKimba

IMG 9511

Pismere Soft Hackle (aka The 3 P soft hackle) - WWKimba

IMG 9514

#16 Blow torch - tied by laszlo
IMG 9515

Partridge and Yellow - in memory of his Dad - tied by laszlo

IMG 9516

Partridge & Peacock soft hackle, size 16 - tied by BarryBarry
IMG 9517

Partridge & Orange - tied by redietz

IMG 9518

March Brown spider - size 14 - tied by Jeffroey

IMG 9519

Partridge & Copper - tied by JimNova
IMG 9520

Palmer Red - tied by PatchesMDM

IMG 9522

French Partridge Olive Mayfly - tied by JeffK
IMG 9523

Guide’s choice hare’s ear - tied by hooker-of-men

IMG 9524

Partridge & Squirrel - tied by GHM

IMG 9525

February Red, size 14 - tied by whheff

IMG 9526

Purple bodied soft hackle - tied by Iprudente

IMG 9528

Pheasant Tail soft hackle, size 14 - tied by dc410
IMG 9270

There is the line up from the Pear Tree Swap. When Kim posts up the next swap, jump in there quick and get a piece of the action!

Guide’s choice hare’s ear - tied by hooker-of-men

View attachment 1641234106

Partridge & Squirrel - tied by GHM

View attachment 1641234107

February Red, size 14 - tied by whheff

View attachment 1641234108

Purple bodied soft hackle - tied by Iprudente

View attachment 1641234109

Pheasant Tail soft hackle, size 14 - tied by dc410
View attachment 1641234110

There is the line up from the Pear Tree Swap. When Kim posts up the next swap, jump in there quick and get a piece of the action!

Thanks for the photographic documentation dc410!

Back